What is this "C" mode you speak of...

gsxter

Registered
... someone jokingly mentioned that on my newbie post when I announced that I bought my busa.

Well, turns out, 2 weeks into ownership now, and with 440 miles down, just 60 more till initial break-in, I never HAVE ridden the bike in "C" mode! I mistakingly thought that once you set it in "C" mode and turn the bike off/on, it would remain in "C" mode. Never happened. :laugh:

So this whole time I've been babying the beast in "A" mode, and even with a passenger on freeways.

Anyhow, took the busa out yesterday morning (Easter Sunday) for a 100 mile loop around the remote Easy Bay (SF Bay Area) with very little traffic around, which was nice. Hit some country/windy roads and a bit of freeway too. The scary thing of course, because its too tempting to repeat it, is that I learned how to properly tuck on the bike, going very fast. There is one stretch of freeway here where cars maintain 80 +, as there is hardly ever a back up and about 6 lanes wide in one direction. So, just to keep up, you have to be on your toes. Tucked in well/great with my knees into the tank, and leaning comfortably with my chest/stomach on the top of the tank. Kept my elbows and arms relaxed, but also tucked in. No real helmet buffeting. The aerodynamics worked great... all of which is why I'm into sport bikes in general. I'm fine with the position and riding style... that is, when you need it.

Once I get the beast past 500 miles, with no more lower rev limit, where I can go over 5.5k, help me. The acceleration off the line, and then pressing onto 100 mph, will be way too easy. ALL that being, said, I'm very happy with bike even going slow, or on casual rides with my g/f on her vintage '78 Honda, where we go pretty slow. It's the best cruiser I could ever want ;-)

Maybe because the bike is so new, I find sometimes getting her into neutral a minor bother ... even when running, etc.. Or even getting her into first. I have to sometimes do a combination of letting go the clutch again, in neutral, I here a minor click, and then the indicator registers 0 clearly, then I can get it in 1 fine. If you know what I mean... just seems a bit more wonky trying to get it into first, than my GSX-r600.

I ordered a personalized license plate... yet again. Those take forever to arrive, some Pazzo levers, and am close to deciding on the Yoshi r77's slip ons, which I installed previously on my GSX-r600. Will also get a fender eliminator. I'm fine with paying for the Yoshi one. Clean, nice design. Of course I'll keep you all posted, because who else on earth gives a ****? ;-)

Be careful once you start reaching the past 5k on the tach, she really comes alive just before 6k and pull your arm sockets out. With all the torque she just pulls and pulls.

What's the personalized plate say? I'm kind of a dork for personalized plates. I get new ones every year. LOL

When you get to your second oil change, switch to Synth oil and your neutral problems will probably go away. Sometimes when you shift down past multiple gears into neutral the tranny doesn't want to shift. Just let the clutch out and reapply and it will work fine. If still in gear, let it out til it bogs a bit and reapply and she'll shift fine.

Back