Tested C mode in the rain...

I have only used my mode switch a few times. Every time I used it it was to show some one the differences in each mode. I've been riding sportbikes for years without the mode switch so I don't need one now.
Posted via Mobile Device

i have had my k8 now 14 months used c-mode 2-3 times cause i was board in the rain. if you have use C mode get off a busa wrong bike i put 28k on my 03 and K8 now has 6.5K and rode it in the rain every day grow balls and ride a busa in the wet :laugh:

I love the idea of the 3 modes, i just dont think its been done right, it just doesnt work very well.

I think how it should work is that when in 'C' mode it should change the way the throttle reacts, not just alter the mapping. ok sure this would mean a drive by wire throttle, but that shouldnt be too difficult nowadays.

My problem with the system is that sure it changes the power, but only really when you are giving it gas, well if your riding a bike like this, you really should have decent throttle control, so it sort of makes it irrelevant, its when your riding at slow speed, like in traffic or round town, theres no real difference between the three settings as you arnt using enough throttle for it to take effect.

Why not have it so that in 'C' mode, the throttle response is softened, ie you have to move the throttle more to get the same effect, this would make it easier if you are riding through long areas of traffic etc.

You only have a set ammount of travel on the throttle to get in 0bhp right up to 'shi*t your pants' power that can make the bike a little twitchy at times to ride very slowly, this added to 4 foot thick gloves(in winter), slippery roads and long gearing, make for an interesting town bike!

not sure if i explained that properly, i know what i mean even if no one else does! :whistle:

Andy.

Last edited:
I've played around with "B" & "C" mode--just to see how they're different. In the end, I forget they're even there and just use common sense in my right wrist when it's raining.

i have had my k8 now 14 months used c-mode 2-3 times cause i was board in the rain. if you have use C mode get off a busa wrong bike i put 28k on my 03 and K8 now has 6.5K and rode it in the rain every day grow balls and ride a busa in the wet :laugh:
NO WAY John! Subjecting your pride and joy to all that rain induced road scum can be classified as none other than "Busa abuse". Ozz or Bosshound or whoever down there should turn your arse in!! :laugh:

BA my friend....you gotta get a life!! Yeah, yeah........I hear you and am in total agreement, "this is my life"!! :cheerleader:

Hey Jim,

Still rehabin' my busted shoulder...ordered some parts from Vman today. So what esle am I gonna do? Sunny and 50's today...shoulder is feeling better...I should be out riding :alcoholic:4

I'll get my new plastics in about a week, put the bike back together...THEN I'll be on the road again :laugh:

My B King only has A and B modes, no C. When I ride with my girlfriend (passenger) I've found B is a better mode, since with her on the back, its easier to bring the front of the bike in the air. Also, since I'm not used to the passenger the shifts were smoother and without the "helmet bump" :laugh:

NO WAY John! Subjecting your pride and joy to all that rain induced road scum can be classified as none other than "Busa abuse". Ozz or Bosshound or whoever down there should turn your arse in!! :laugh:

how's that 09 you got my old color you basdid :lol:

I think (hope) that the GEN 3 will be so radical on power delivery that Zuke had to start the development of traction control system to keep us from shredding tires on departure that they use the mode switch as a prelude. Most peeps can't change rubber in the office parking lot every day. :poke:

Suzuki only included that feature on the 1000 and Busa as liability control. It makes it easier to ride for people who lack throttle finesse. If you can't handle the native mode, perhaps you're riding the wrong bike? :whistle:

:beerchug:

Suzuki only included that feature on the 1000 and Busa as liability control. It makes it easier to ride for people who lack throttle finesse. If you can't handle the native mode, perhaps you're riding the wrong bike? :whistle:

:beerchug:

for all the people who should not ride these kind's of bikes with this much power i have ridden for about 6 years with over 60k of busa power it takes a lot to learn what this bike can do with a little twist a few seconds you jump 10mph a second

Last edited:
F1 cars have all kinds of different engine power maps readily available for the driver to switch between on the fly. It's not because they can't drive.

If you can't imagine a use for the other power modes, then feel free to not use them.:whistle:

I laid my bike down about a month ago in the middle of a right turn from a stop light. It was chilling outside not to bad though. I think it happenedbecause I never turned my mode on and i probably never got traction to my rear tire. Lesson learned! I just paid over a thousand for replacement parts. So if you have one please use . it's there for a reason! Drive safe!

Back