DMS mode A, B, C feels like....

Sorry never tried b or c mode, would only consider using them for running different maps, race fuel, nitrous ect..

guess A mode is some macho thing.. kinda sad to me..

Anyhow. I have a 08 busa. Ive Been riding for 15 years or so. I had a katana 750. A sv650s, and a cbr900 before this bike.

A mode is well.. Fast as hell..
B mode is in between cbr900 and katana 750... not as responsive but once you get going the power is there.
c mode is like my sv650. buddy bought my old one. he was pulling away from me slowly. c mode is not twitchy at all. very docile.

I ride in A mode most of the time.. BUT

When tires are cold. im in b,c
when i had a beer or 2.. b,c
when raining b,c
when really fatigued or tired. b,c mode

Why risk spinning that back wheel in these conditions??
I know its all in the wrist... but mistakes happen if conditions are not right...

This is what is was designed for. People will say... only A mode, or buy something else.. Welp.. this is just plain stupid. This bike has so much power that it can be unforgiving sometimes. why not use a feature that might actually save you? Reminds me of riding gear. long ago people thought using a lot of gear was lame.. Now, its a status symbol of what gear your wearing. These mode selectors are the same thing to me.

Look at this link for the powercurve dyno chart. its such a huge difference is modes. look at max torque. at mode c. its the same as a sv650. but still more HP. by about 30. wow... as you can see, mode selector turns a lion into a furry kitty.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Suzuki_Hayabusa_ABC.jpg

It depends on your riding style. If it works for you, great. I however am used to full power, and say for example I was tired, so I used B/C mode. Now with my tired brain, and sluggish bike, this could cause me problems in a split second decision as the bike would not respond as well as what my brain is used to. A quick powerslide in the rain can also be a help, not always a hinderance.
As I said, the quick instant power of A mode can save you, just as it can hurt some. Whatever works for the idividual. Nothin "Macho" about it.

No CCbusa05 you are not the only one.
I wish I could find a replacement throttle tube that doesnt have them on there for a simpler look.
Puggle just use your wrist to slow it down.
Many posts here that say while the power may feel down it does not increase you MPGs.
Only reason some have said they use it is in the rain but again I have ridden 80-90-100+mph down I95 in pouring down rain and never felt a wiggle or slip.

Like Blanca and some of the others have said, I would not use the A, B, and C mode to slow the bike down. I would just take the time and learn to use throttle control yourself.

As I said, the quick instant power of A mode can save you, just as it can hurt some. Whatever works for the idividual. Nothin "Macho" about it.

I was not trying to insult any 1 person. But there is alot of "macho" in sport riding. or maybe i'm just crazy... (could be) and everyone I talk to likes to brag that they don't use B and C mode. Its nothing to brag about. therefore to me it seems macho.

And not to sound rude... but by your logic that would mean a busa would be safer than most any other bike, due that that crazy quick instant power it has. Its not like you twist the thrott in b and c and you bike dosent move. its just less power. Unresponsive might have been a bad word for me to use on my post. hard to describe. You gotta just test it.

There are advantages to the mode selector. Just think... bad ass sportbike in perfect weather. And a docile easy to control bike in bad conditions. How can that be bad? Whats wrong with minimizing the risk of making a mistake in the wrong conditions?

Last edited:
it was my first sportbike, dealer showed how to use abc mode

Likewise....except the IDIOT told me that A was the slowest mode, and C was the fast. So naturally I put it in A and gunned the throttle. When it started to wheelie I knew something wasn't right.

Ok maybe I should reword the question.

I'm not interested in the merits of DMS. Good bad ugly I don't care, whatever.

I just want to know if riding in B mode or C mode is an accurate emulation of a lower powered powerplant.

Blanca, I might just buy a scooter for the days I'm feeling like a total retard who wants to ride with thongs, shorts and groceries between my legs. Because scooters aren't dangerous like motorcycles...

Dont worry I'll send you some more thin mints to put between your legs as well. :laugh:

I have been curious about the mode too for no other reason than just to see what it does and how it feels but I am worried somehow it may mess up my tune or custom map ?
If its mapped in A mode what happens when I put it in another mode ?

guess A mode is some macho thing.. kinda sad to me..

Anyhow. I have a 08 busa. Ive Been riding for 15 years or so. I had a katana 750. A sv650s, and a cbr900 before this bike.

A mode is well.. Fast as hell..
B mode is in between cbr900 and katana 750... not as responsive but once you get going the power is there.
c mode is like my sv650. buddy bought my old one. he was pulling away from me slowly. c mode is not twitchy at all. very docile.

I ride in A mode most of the time.. BUT

When tires are cold. im in b,c
when i had a beer or 2.. b,c
when raining b,c
when really fatigued or tired. b,c mode

Why risk spinning that back wheel in these conditions??
I know its all in the wrist... but mistakes happen if conditions are not right...

This is what is was designed for. People will say... only A mode, or buy something else.. Welp.. this is just plain stupid. This bike has so much power that it can be unforgiving sometimes. why not use a feature that might actually save you? Reminds me of riding gear. long ago people thought using a lot of gear was lame.. Now, its a status symbol of what gear your wearing. These mode selectors are the same thing to me.

Look at this link for the powercurve dyno chart. its such a huge difference is modes. look at max torque. at mode c. its the same as a sv650. but still more HP. by about 30. wow... as you can see, mode selector turns a lion into a furry kitty.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Suzuki_Hayabusa_ABC.jpg

When you have had a beer or two is not the time to be riding in any mode.
:spank:

JMO

I was not trying to insult any 1 person. But there is alot of "macho" in sport riding. or maybe i'm just crazy... (could be) and everyone I talk to likes to brag that they don't use B and C mode. Its nothing to brag about. therefore to me it seems macho.

And not to sound rude... but by your logic that would mean a busa would be safer than most any other bike, due that that crazy quick instant power it has. Its not like you twist the thrott in b and c and you bike dosent move. its just less power. Unresponsive might have been a bad word for me to use on my post. hard to describe. You gotta just test it.

There are advantages to the mode selector. Just think... bad ass sportbike in perfect weather. And a docile easy to control bike in bad conditions. How can that be bad? Whats wrong with minimizing the risk of making a mistake in the wrong conditions?

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for everyone. Re read my post, as far as me supposedly saying the Busa is safer because it's faster is twisting things. I have tetsed B/C, it's not for me. I want my bike to perform the same, everytime, no matter the conditions. To me personally, that's safer, and that's what minimizes my risk. I can't ride a "docile" bike, it defeats the purpose for me:laugh:. I am also able to completely control the bike in A mode, at all times and conditions.
If you like it, and it works for you, great. And you said you use it to be safer after a couple beers:rofl:
It's just two different riding styles, we don't all fit in the same box. But no arguement here:laugh:

:rofl:

Thanks for the opinions everyone, and especially the dyno chart! Awesome.

np man.

You guys are right about the 2 beers :) but I have to indulge sometimes haha

Sixpack577, your right. to each his own. People ride different. It just pushes my buttons when people dis the b + c mode. I just feel they have a purpose. but you are correct, not a purpose for everyone. :peace:

Back