Feels like cornering on ice

PP on the front and a PR2 on the rear. Very sticky with no slip.
+1 on this combination. I run 36-37lbs front, 38lbs rear, no grip problems at all.
Drop your air pressure some and see if that helps. Doesn't look like your using enough lean angle to be slipping any, so it's probably a sensation rather than an actual slip (if that makes any sense) brought on by somewhat over inflated, worn tires. Do some experimenting on this tact and let us know what happens.
:welcome:to the Org.

Make sure that the axle adjusters are set correctly. If your tire is running crooked, it could have that effect.

You are WAY past the rear wear bar. You can see the wear bar in the photo you posted. You need new rubber if you want it to handle. Start there and then make other changes.

cheers
ken

What is this on your tire, it looks like oil. Clean the oil off your tires:laugh:

front1.jpg

The stock BT056 tires get harder as they get down to the wear bars. Like others have said, get those tires off of there ASAP.

I have run Diablo Corsa. Pilot Power 2CT, Viper Sport, BT015, BT021, BT056 and BT016.

So far I like the BT016 the best out of the group. They have the best feedback and grip. They also warm up pretty quick. I will be buying another set when these are worn out. At about 1000 miles they still look fairly new.

Stay with 190/50 unless you have a real reason to try a different size. I run a 190/55 because I like leaning into the corners, a lot.

:beerchug:

Last edited:
ughhh hated the bridgestones.. i run shinko's also. also in pa i would notice cement off ramps on cold days a issue also

A lot of good info....Bridgestones need warming up. Remember, the tire is cold (slick), and the road surface is cold (less potential for friction).....it's a given. :oldcool:

I hated the the original BT56 tires, the technology is 10 years old. Allmost any newer quality brand will be way better than that. I still like the Mich Pilot Powers. I'm not too agressive but I do turn it up now and then and the milage is great, about 5-6K out of the rear and 8K+ from the front. The Dunlop's and the Pirelli I got less than 1/2 that miles.

* One more thought, place the bike on stands and make sure everything is solid. Shake the tires back and forth, check chain and sprockets, Cush drive, bearings ...

Thanks for all the help guys!
I see a new (set?) tire in the near future!

Now the search for WHAT tire.... any one still following this one; what is a good 'touring' tire? Lets face it I am doing a lot more straight highway miles than anything 'fun' :( I need something that will last more than a few (2-3) thousand miles on the high way and still be fun when I get to, ya know 'turn' :whistle:

Thanks for all your help!:thumbsup:

Your tires are DEAD...old, dried out, and squared off. Get some new ones and your problem will be solved :beerchug:

Thanks for all the help guys!
I see a new (set?) tire in the near future!

Now the search for WHAT tire.... any one still following this one; what is a good 'touring' tire? Lets face it I am doing a lot more straight highway miles than anything 'fun' :( I need something that will last more than a few (2-3) thousand miles on the high way and still be fun when I get to, ya know 'turn' :whistle:

Thanks for all your help!:thumbsup:

Avon Storms :thumbsup:

Avon Storms.. :thumbsup: I mean what he said.. ^^^^^ :laugh:

Last edited:
I use pilots millage isn't out of this world but a lot better than the real soft compounds but I don't knee drag around so not sure if they got what you looking for in that dept.

try a search this is heavily debated topic

:welcome:

+1 for a set of new tires, I like the Dunlop Qualifiers best for street riding. Very predictable lean control, great stick, ok wear.

:welcome:

+1 for a set of new tires, I like the Dunlop Qualifiers best for street riding. Very predictable lean control, great stick, ok wear.
yep certainly one of my favorites... tend to be rather short lived however.. better have a generous tire budget if you ride a good number of miles every year.. if you are a 2000 mile a year rider? you will get 1 season out of them

Back