Hayabusa As A Bike After A 250cc

Mahbub

Registered
people say so many things that dont jump to busa directly bla bla.. one question.. how about instead of not going for a 600cc bike and going directly for a busa after 250cc and always riding it on c mode,,, since i have heard that in c mode the busa is like a 600cc bike.. how logical it is?

It's not about the bike, it's the rider themselves. If you can control your speed, and have good discipline as to when you use the power, C mode isn't necessary. For a new rider, the weight of the bike at a stop is going to be more of an issue than when moving. It's a very fast bike, but you are in control with your right hand.

self control.....that will resolve every issue with new riders and busa. A healthy respect for the sport would also go a long ways.

okk i accept that,, but leavr that for a moment.. for those people who say first get a 600cc.. dont they know that busa already has a c mode.. why waste 13000$ on a 600cc bike.. i know rider self control matters.. but if one wants a 600cc feels before jumping tp 1340cc.. why not juz ride it in c rather than investing bucks on another 600cc

I think it's all about control , If you get on a 1000 cc or bigger bike from the start you need control! otherwise your in a ditch or you wheelie and crash or you fly from a red light right into a car pulling out not knowing how fast your accelerating , you get on a 600cc bike and the take off is just so much slower so things happen slower making it safer . Not to say you will not get hurt on it , you can get f up on anything

didn't u ask the same question about a 150cc bike?
indeed.. but later came to know from net that c mode makes it so weak that it becomes akin to a 600cc bike.. i did expected that c mode would weaken but didnt expect it to weaken so much.. thats when the idea came that instead of wasting dollars why not juz at start ride it in c mode so that would suffice the 600cc bike need before the busa.. so i posted this question

C m o de does not weaken the bike to a 600. Get that out of your mind. It just makes the throttle less responsive.

C m o de does not weaken the bike to a 600. Get that out of your mind. It just makes the throttle less responsive.
well exactly.. it makes the throttle as forgiving as a 600cc bike thats whats needed for a new rider..

I agree with alot of the statements above. It's all in the rider and their discipline. #1 respect motorcycles. #2 have no fear. #3 know your limits. #4 be cool calm and relaxed.
I went to a Hayabusa very quickly. I started with very old bikes. 83 Seca 750 (1.5 years) 85 Ninja 900 (1 month) 86 GPZ1000 (2 weeks) then the Busa. 8 years later and 4 Busa's in, I'll never switch to anything but.
It's all in your wrist, but the biggest challenge is the weight of the bike. The Hayabusa is very comfortable once you're moving, so you'll find riding it is a breeze, manoeuvring it from a dead standstill, tip over, backing up and man handling is a challenge.
But make sure your head is on straight before you go for a machine like this. Respect it, and she'll love you!

^^^^ What he said. I wouldn't rely on C mode to save you though. I've never ridden in C mode so I can't comment on how much the throttle response is changed but you need to be prepared for the bulk/weight of the bike as mentioned before.

Welcome to the board, keep in mind the busa weighs in at around 500lbs, much heavier as well.

my first street bike was an 06 busa. its even the same bike i took my test on to get my license. im a little biased against the theory of a busa being a bad first bike. i didnt have any issues going big on my first bike.

thank u all i dont plan to cross 60kph in first 6 mnths of busa practice.. and additionally i am 5'4 can i handle busa?

i feel little afraid cz people say i will get killed and all.. but i see quite a few people started on busa..

No issues hear, second bike was a busa now on my third 1 and love them. C mode lol.

if your only 5'4" you are going to have to lower it some i would imagine. I don't think you are thinking about this whole busa first bike thing in the correct way. I dont know how to explain this other than a new rider lacks experience and certain years of riding reactions that only come from experience. There is a huge difference in a 600 at 380 lbs and a 1340 at 500+. Throwing a busa out of harms way is much more intense than throwing a 600 out of the way. Now if you have never had to avoid an accident, react fast etc you are at the learning curves mercy with an advanced riders machine with no experience on what to do or how it is going to feel. Which would you rather do? Figure it out on an agile lighter machine with less torque, or try it out on a huge machine with lots of weight and torque to add even more to the equation?

And i hate to say it but at 5'4" you are barely touching the ground with feet. Balls of feet at most. No one is saying a busa isn't an ok bike for the first time rider and frankly i for one get sick of hearing it. What we say time and time again is its not the ideal starter bike for a person with no experience riding who has absolutely no idea how to respond under pressure on this machine. Be just like throwing a drivers ed kid in a lambo and telling them to have at it! DUH is all i can say.

A smaller person will have a harder time learning on a bike this big. The seat is wide, not all that low, so longer legs would be a bonus. If you can go sit one one, see if both feet are close to being flat on the ground. If you are longer legged and comfortable, it's better, but new riders are the ones who tend to drop a bike at a stop, slow turn etc, and these don't take to dropping without damage.

Back