Tested C mode in the rain...

i was just being a **** before. I have used C-mode just if its raining and it is very slick outside. Normally good throttle control seems to be just fine even in rain

I'm in agreement with all the arguments against using it (C mode), but I'm wondering if the reason Suzuki included it on the 'busa doesn't have something to do with those who might use it as a sport-touring machine.

All conditions encountered including ice, heavy rain, etc. Anybody can mess up and get heavy handed at times and maybe those 3 options will help those riders...if the technology is there why not use it? Also, I'm wondering why they put the same 3 mode set-up on the gixxer-1k...track condition options?

I agree, if you are tired it is easy to make an input mistake on a wet road. I will use mine when it gets slick That is what it is there for in my opinion. :please:

Actually, I posted this review of the C mode because I've noticed a number of people who have mentioned laying their bike down because of slick/wet spots, many times at slow speeds.

I wanted to see how the busa reacted during heavy rain while in the C setting. It does make a difference for the better and as an option that wasn't available before on the Gen 1, it's something that that might help get you through some bad conditions providing that you don't only ride when the weather is perfect.

Since Suzuki (and any other manufacturer) just came out with this, and if you've been riding for more than a year, then obviously throttle control and common sense were the only ways to keep your butt in the seat and not sliding down the asphalt whether it was raining or not.

Some interesting responses...thanks...ride safe.

I used C mode once just to see what it was like. I didn't like how latent the throttle felt. I haven't used it since, and I have ridden in the rain many, many times. In Utah I caught the tropical storm rains left over from a hurricane. A few times I couldn't see the road, yet I still maintained control of my Busa. Smoothness is the key.

Back