Drive Mode Selector

pph5710

Registered
To All members in this club can you help me please, I need info of anyone who has had an issue with the Drive mode selector. I have been involved in an accident with injury and whats worse my lovely Busa is damaged. Will tell all soon. However owners with the magic switch with modes A to C remember if you for any reason you stop and kick side stand out then it resets and defaults to A mode which can be a shock as going from mode C in cold wet England to mode A=197Bhp aprox, well lets say it was a suprise as I had not turned off the ignition so expected the system to keep the setting and foolishly did not check. I really wish I had never used the mode selector, I feel a complete fool as not had accident for over 20 years. My user name is PPH5710, with thanks for your time.

That sucks!! I have been riding in the default (a) mode so I wasn't aware of the kickstand thing..... I've only clicked it over to b and c to see what the difference felt like and know the difference from a to c is like a 750 compared to...... well a busa!! :-)
Hopes for a speedy recovery!!!

Sorry about your mishap. I personally have not had any issues with the mode selector. Have not heard of any member here who had problems with it either.

I tried this out on my bike after I read your post. My mode selector does not reset when the kickstand goes down and the bike is running. It only resets when I turn the motor off with the key (didn't think to see if it reset with the engine kill switch)

I have never had an issue with the mode selector, because I have not used the mode selector in over 5 years.
I forgot it even had it.

Get well soon brother. Never thought about using it. Isn't there an indication on the dash ?

My display currently is not showing the drive mode but I remeber seeing it off on the side of the gear indicator. The drive mode must be a feature you can select ON or OFF.

That reminds me, I have to check what mode I'm in....and reset my clock.

Mine resets after bike is shut down. Then after you start it, I'd does not show in which mode it is, but I think it's always in A mode, just you don't see it,

Well sorry for your accident, but frankly you should rely on the throttle "feel" no matter what mode it's in. I played with the mode selector while driving home from the dealer and the difference is really not that huge. Since then I have been in the default mode (A). I've ridden in all kinds of weather and it's all in the throttle hand IMHO. If you use the mode selector regularly then you should have felt right away that the bike was more aggressive than you wanted. If you were in low traction conditions you should have been even more careful and attentive to the throttle response. The busa is dangerous in any mode - never forget that.

I remember riding in C mode for a while and I never knew it until I tried A mode with a little harder throttle. NIce change but might be a bit of a surprise when the roads are slick. Yes indeed, "throttle control." I'm used to full power on both my bikes so I know what it will do under any conditions. It does require a bit of sensitivity between the wrist/brain under reduced traction conditions.

To All members in this club can you help me please, I need info of anyone who has had an issue with the Drive mode selector. I have been involved in an accident with injury and whats worse my lovely Busa is damaged. Will tell all soon. However owners with the magic switch with modes A to C remember if you for any reason you stop and kick side stand out then it resets and defaults to A mode which can be a shock as going from mode C in cold wet England to mode A=197Bhp aprox, well lets say it was a suprise as I had not turned off the ignition so expected the system to keep the setting and foolishly did not check. I really wish I had never used the mode selector, I feel a complete fool as not had accident for over 20 years. My user name is PPH5710, with thanks for your time.
What's a "Mode Selector"?....I never heard of it..

Well sorry for your accident, but frankly you should rely on the throttle "feel" no matter what mode it's in. I played with the mode selector while driving home from the dealer and the difference is really not that huge. Since then I have been in the default mode (A). I've ridden in all kinds of weather and it's all in the throttle hand IMHO. If you use the mode selector regularly then you should have felt right away that the bike was more aggressive than you wanted. If you were in low traction conditions you should have been even more careful and attentive to the throttle response. The busa is dangerous in any mode - never forget that.
WRONG....The Busa is NOT dangerous in any mode.... The person who is riding the Busa is dangerous because he or she does not know how to control the wrist or does not have the experience what it takes to even own a motorcycle......

Its kinda like your saying a hand gun is dangerous in any mode...WRONG!!....sure the gun will be dangerous if you point it at your head and pull the trigger......
The danger is the one in control who really has no control at all because he or she is not experienced enough or has a mental illness, that is usually the one behind the firearm..

I remember riding in C mode for a while and I never knew it until I tried A mode with a little harder throttle. NIce change but might be a bit of a surprise when the roads are slick. Yes indeed, "throttle control." I'm used to full power on both my bikes so I know what it will do under any conditions. It does require a bit of sensitivity between the wrist/brain under reduced traction conditions.
How did you ride around in c mode and not know it when you have to put it in c mode for it to be there?

How did you ride around in c mode and not know it when you have to put it in c mode for it to be there?
I think what he meant was that it was in "A" mode all along but he thought it was in "C".....I never could tell any difference from "A" , "B", or "C" and don't even know why they put the thing on the bike in the first place......Maybe they should have put training wheels on instead.. lol

Rode in A when I picked her up first.
I didn't know there was power settings.
I use mine because I never had a bike this powerfull before.
I promised myself when I hit 2k miles to use A full time.
First 1000 miles I was in C.
I'm now in B currently at 1300+ miles
only almost 700 more miles to go :)

I noticed theres a difference in performance.
C - B quicker throttle responce for sure.

Hayabusa is dangerous on that B and C mode and I have no idea why it is there. Hayabusa is not a bike for beginners and it was never meant to be.

WRONG....The Busa is NOT dangerous in any mode.... The person who is riding the Busa is dangerous because he or she does not know how to control the wrist or does not have the experience what it takes to even own a motorcycle......

Its kinda like your saying a hand gun is dangerous in any mode...WRONG!!....sure the gun will be dangerous if you point it at your head and pull the trigger......
The danger is the one in control who really has no control at all because he or she is not experienced enough or has a mental illness, that is usually the one behind the firearm..

You're new so I won't call you an idiot but that's exactly what I was saying. Next you'll be saying the 2nd amendment gives you the right to ride a Busa?

Back