Stolen 2000 Blue & Gray Busa

Here is the update and my rant. My insurance company finally came through. I really hate the insurance game!!! I learned a lot, but I don't wanna go through that again. My insurance company wouldn't talk to me until the 30 day period was up. I called them, but they wouldn't call me back. It appears that only one woman handles claims for all of the US. After 30 days went by, things sped up a little, but still had to play phone tag. I was told to fax in a form listing add ons to my bike. The form was designed to handle cars/trucks, but who is keeping count. Why I couldn't send the form ahead of time is beyond me. The process was then transferred to the Settlement Dept. A different woman was responsive, and reachable. She had a company search around for the asking price of a comparable 2000 Busa. They had value ranges of $6500 to $9000. The insurance settlement was the average minus the deductible. I am also claiming the stuff under my seat (jacket liner, and tire kit) I had to send in my title and keys, and then they deposited funds in my account. I'm not sure if they will cancel me out or not, but I'm quitting them on the next Busa.
I also found if you threaten to report them to your state insurance regulatory agency, they will get the molasses out.

I plan on finding the right one for me in the next few weeks. Would like an 02 black and blue cause it matches my gear from the 2000 blue and gray. I hope my Christmas stocking has one that is stock except for chrome rims and an exhaust. I will buy the lojack before I leave it unattended!
Thieves and insurance company socks!

Wow, that sucks that on top of all of your pain and suffering yout insurance company wanted to give you the run-around too.:banghead: Might I ask who your insurance company was so that I, along with all of our brothers here know to avoid them if possible?

The name of the game is USAA. They told me that they would cancel my insurance if I removed it from my policy because they no longer insure motorcycles in SC.....but I was grandfathered and if I bought a new to me one the would have to switch and insure it. They buy there insurance through Progressive.

Do they have State Farm out there? According to just about everyone else on here they are the best to have. And good rates too! :thumbsup:

Have you seen the post on here from a guy who is asking about parting out a 'Busa because it has no title? I believe it's also a blue/gray 2000 model. I could be wrong.
Wouldn't it be quite a cooincidence if it was yours?

CW

I'm not all that convinced that Lojack is all that great. Do your homework and look for reviews before you commit.

Sorry your bike got stolen, man. At least you're going to get to replace it, whatever that's worth.

--Wag--

I second what was said above about having State Farm for your insurance. If you insure your car(s) with them, you can't beat the MC rate you can get!
I don't know what your financial situation is, but if you CAN swing it, MOST DEFINITELY get a Gen II !!! There are still plenty of new 08 leftovers out there and with this damn recession we're in, you would more than likely be able to cut a sweet deal. :beerchug:

my 08 got lifted same words "does it have lojack, we would have it back in an hour" The cops must love that feeling of running up on sombody housing a stolen viehcle ! or lojack is sponcering the PD any ways State Farm 45 - 60 days before I got paid after I recieved the first lowball estimate , a ten minute call to talk with some supervisors and some communication ahead of time with the 2 local dealers letting them know My bike was gone and I needed to recieve enough to purchase a new one , I directed state farm from ebay to the real world ? My local dealers ,Who had Quotes ready for the same bike ! , I recieved exactly what I paid inc freight ,prep and msrp / had to eat the tax , but still better than the 9800 they offered at first .

good luck
we need a group buy for lojack!!! to many busas being heisted

Jayslamms, I live in Rock Hill SC not terribly far from you. There is a guy on the other side of Charlotte with an 03 Gray/Silver. We have been talking but I am going to get the 08, anyway this is a super nice bike babied. Chrome wheels and mucho other bling. 7500.00. If you are interested I can get his # for you. 10200 mi. I was going to get it but the 08 talked me out of it. Good luck...Mike

I know the pain of having a Busa stolen and I hope you are more fortunate than I was in recovering your ride. Man I hate thieves. At least you have insurance, I didn't. I still miss my 04 Blue/Silver.

Sorry For Your Lose.....Now Take Off the Dress and End this TEAPARTY and go out and get an 08. YOU WILL NOT Regret It :beerchug:

Another one?! F*ck, here I was thinking the thievings had ebbed. Sorry to hear about your loss man. But, on the bright side, you should check out the blue paint jobs on the 09's. Much faster and meaner.

another one?! F*ck, here i was thinking the thievings had ebbed. Sorry to hear about your loss man. But, on the bright side, you should check out the blue paint jobs on the 09's. Much faster and meaner.

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super:

The name of the game is USAA. They told me that they would cancel my insurance if I removed it from my policy because they no longer insure motorcycles in SC.....but I was grandfathered and if I bought a new to me one the would have to switch and insure it. They buy there insurance through Progressive.
USAA does not insure bikes. Like you said, they subcontract out. Which makes for headaches. My 2005 GSX-R600 was stolen while I was insured with USAA (through Foremost). They did run me around a bit. I had to get all the price quotes, which I did my best to find high end ones, and I had to call them a few times. Once I got an actual claims person things went smoothly. He called me, made sure I knew what was coming, and how to speed the process.

USAA is a good insurance company, great rates, just don't insure your bike with them, because working with a company who is working for a company makes the customer service level go down, and makes your stress level go up.

State Farm is where I am now. No claims with them yet, so no review :moon:

But my agent is great, she actually knows my wife. They have contacted me a few times just to see how I am doing, how things are going, am I satisfied with the service. So far so good, and crossing my fingers that I don't have to make a claim.

I usually dont wish bad **** on people......
but..........

I HOPE THIS THIEF GOES INTO A CURVE TOO FAST LOOSES IT
AND BREAKS HIS ****IN NECK !:cussing:

+2 Thieves SUCK!!! Not to jack the thread but were can I purchase and how much does it cost for LOJAC?

In the Cleveland area the LoJack unit itself is $600 + 2 Hours of labor for the install (which obviously depends on how much your local shop charges for an hour of labor). Here's a link for LoJack's Site. Just put your zip code in and it should load a list of local dealers for you to call to get an exact quote.

Back