Insurance question

1127 TO 1299

Registered
I am shopping for new insurance since Rider insurance of NJ just went up from 1700 to 2600. They say it's accross the  board since they got too much claims.

Anyway, some companies are asking if I had any claims in the past 3 years. My bike was stolen and recovered here in NJ less than 3 yrs ago. At that time I was insured in Canada since I used to live there. I also reported the theft to the local police.

Now do I need to tell them I had my bike previously stolen. Since it was recovered, is this considered stolen? Since y insurance was in Canada, will they find out. What to do?

All inputs are appreciated!

<!--EDIT|1127 TO 1299
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147967402 -->

The question is whther or not you filed a claim when your bike was tolen. If you did not, or there was no action and a claim was closed when they recovered your bike, then no. The insurance company shouldn't hold against you that the bike was stolen, they can only consider previous claims....

seems alot of people are going with state farm for insurance... check into them because they seem to have GREAT rates for us people on Busas!

I can't beleive what some people are paying for insurance on this bike. My neighbor was paying 1200.00 a year for his. He freaked when I told him how much my insurance was a year. 240.00

I can't beleive what some people are paying for insurance on this bike. My neighbor was paying 1200.00 a year for his.  He freaked when I told him how much my insurance was a year.  240.00
you are right I paid twice the price of the bike because of insurance. Good thing I hade them because I would probably not be riding today without them.

They almost paid themselves with my last claim.

And parking the busa on the street in Jersey City, you need insurance.

<!--EDIT|1127 TO 1299
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147972821 -->

called state farm, they don't insure bikes unless you have your car with them.
They are supposed to call me back.
not true.  i tried them.  $700 a yr full.  went with Dairyland $500 full.
well that's what they told me.
Maybe each state is different.
Or each agents are different.
got the same story. I'm sure its probably up to the agent.

if you go to a new agent, fail to disclose, they can cancel or revoke insurance, then NO ONE will cover you. Remind them that Theft is a zero fault.

called state farm, they don't insure bikes unless you have your car with them.
They are supposed to call me back.
They won't write you on the preferred comany, but they will write you on their fire company ( slightly higher rates ) if you only have the bike with them - check a different agent - NOT an independant agent - go with a State Farm agency.

Full coverage - bike only - $450.

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148011781 -->

Back