new 07 stolen

Heavy, MC I am glad you guys stepped in on this one as well I was frustrated earlier with some of the Posts. And as for the Guy talking about us Pimping the RoadLok yeah we are and that is because it is the Best product on the market as far as Disk locks are concerned. And like Heavy said it is just deterant and one hell of one might i add.

And that all I am gonna say about that.

(Turbo-Torch @ May 10 2007,00:51) Why has everyone been pimpin' this Roadlock thing like it's the end all be all anti theft device? When was the last time a thief took time to hotwire a bike and RIDE OFF with it?

The bike gets tossed in the back of a truck and off it goes. Does that Roadlock put out some type of gravitational force that keeps the bike attached to the earth?

I can immbolize my bike with the cable lock I carry by running it through the wheel and swingarm. I also have the added bonus of being able to lock it to a stationary object if one is nearby. At least it'll be a bit more of a deterrent for the "toss it in a truck and go" thieves and it set me back a whole $20 bucks at Lowe's.
My paging alarm helps too and if all else fails a call to State Farm.
I understand where you're coming from, but it takes eight crackheads to throw a Busa, and two weight lifters. It is a visible deterrent, and thieves cut your cable in 5 seconds flat.

(Sloto200 @ May 11 2007,10:21) i would think that roadlok is so new that a thief wouldnt know it was there until he tried to roll away with the bike... the fact remains that it still doesnt keep a few big guys from picking the bike up and throwing it in a van or truck and driving away with it...
Had a guy pull up to me at the lookout at the dragon and ask me what the roadlok was. I told him it was a security device and that ended the conversation. My immediate thought was here's a thief.

As much as I love new things and Roadlok pure ingenuity let me tell you that. I can disable it in 5 minutes or less. Just looking on the design of it. No device is perfect. Xena at least making some noise.
Again, make thieves life as hard as possible and they might be looking somewhere else to make a living (year, right.. silly me)

(dadofthree @ May 11 2007,15:09)
(Sloto200 @ May 11 2007,10:21) i would think that roadlok is so new that a thief wouldnt know it was there until he tried to roll away with the bike... the fact remains that it still doesnt keep a few big guys from picking the bike up and throwing it in a van or truck and driving away with it...
Had a guy pull up to me at the lookout at the dragon and ask me what the roadlok was. I told him it was a security device and that ended the conversation. My immediate thought was here's a thief.
He probably tried to steal your bike earlier and wanted to know what held him up.
wink.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 11 2007,15:36) As much as I love new things and Roadlok pure ingenuity let me tell you that. I can disable it in 5 minutes or less. Just looking on the design of it. No device is perfect. Xena at least making some noise.
Again, make thieves life as hard as possible and they might be looking somewhere else to make a living (year, right.. silly me)
Please do tell, are you pulling the axle out?

Also how many car alarms have you gone running over too, they arent anything more than noise.

Great conversation guys.
super.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 11 2007,15:02) Here is my $0.02. about Roadlok thingy.
It i is indeed very nice to have a lock always attached to the bike so you wont forget it.
It is prices right for such a nice piece of hardware., specifically designed for our bike.
Can it be overrun? Sure . Can those POS still your bike, yes again.
They will will pick it up and put it in the van/truck.....
Roadlok is not for evernight protection but it is perfect for bike night out/restoran/movie.
Front lock is cheaper then front disk lock for sure but how many front fenders destroyed? I know I had 2.
No bike is safe when parked outside, just asking to be taken .
I`d say all measures is better then nothing.

1. alarm, Scorpio or another paging radar.
2. Heavy duty chain to lightpole or something that size.
3. Xena front disk alarm.
4. Roadlok

In that order after full coverage.

I don`t have roadlok, only because it will not fit my extended swingarm and galfer brake rotor.

I already have all first 3.
Good list you have here.

Paging alarm - GREAT invention, if you are close enough to stop the criminals.

Heavy chain - You may have a tough time putting this in your pocket, but yes a great idea

Disc Alarm - Just noise, and could potentially damage your rotors if forgotten. Plus you have to carry it.

AND none of these offer a discount on your full coverage insurance.

Please keep in mind that no one is saying that the RoadLoK is the prevention against all theft. It is a deterrent and works as good if not far better that most everything on the market.

And Vic is 100% accurate in saying that No bike is safe when parked outside, just asking to be taken .
I`d say all measures is better then nothing.[/Quote]

I don`t have roadlok, only because it will not fit my extended swingarm and galfer brake rotor.
[/Quote]

This is not necessarily true.
wink.gif

(rubber2burn @ May 11 2007,15:05) Heavy, MC I am glad you guys stepped in on this one as well I was frustrated earlier with some of the Posts. And as for the Guy talking about us Pimping the RoadLok yeah we are and that is because it is the Best product on the market as far as Disk locks are concerned. And like Heavy said it is just deterant and one hell of one might i add.

And that all I am gonna say about that.
No worries my friend, we are a team.

Dont get frustrated, its healthy conversation.
beerchug.gif

Sucks about your bike!  I really hope they find it!  

As far as Roadloc and lojack and scorpio... They all have their place they are all excellent deterents... But if I was a bike thief I wouldn't care about any of them... I would have any bike in the truck and stripped to parts pretty quick.  Your not hiding your lojack or scorpio in a spot where I won't find it. And I wouldn't steal it to ride it so the roadlock wouldn't bother me to much... They are all deterents and each are pretty good for what they do...
E

(heavybusa @ May 11 2007,13:58)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 11 2007,15:36) As much as I love new things and Roadlok pure ingenuity let me tell you that. I can disable it in 5 minutes or less. Just looking on the design of it. No device is perfect. Xena at least making some noise.

Also how many car alarms have you gone running over too, they arent anything more than noise.

Great conversation guys.
super.gif
Alarm is not just noise, it`s paging to remote.
The best alarm is planting remote bomb on the bike and blow the bastards away for good.
I always pray the Lord that I will never run into them or I will be in jail for the rest of my life.
I might pull the axle or something else I`m not going to publish it for our bike sake.

I think that little tube with magnesium oxide with some alluminum powded pointed to rider face and ignited remotely or by alarm with a few seconds delay will burn their their face bad... An I going to hell for that?
Only Jesus knows how I hate thieves.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ May 11 2007,16:08)
(heavybusa @ May 11 2007,13:58)

Great conversation guys.
super.gif
Alarm is not just noise, it`s paging to remote.
The best alarm is planting remote bomb on the bike and blow the bastards away for good.
I always pray the Lord that I will never run into them or I will be in jail for the rest of my life.
I might pull the axle or something else I`m not going to publish it for our bike sake.

I think that little tube with magnesium oxide with some alluminum powded pointed to rider face and ignited remotely or by alarm with a few seconds delay will burn their their face bad... An I going to hell for that?
Only Jesus knows how I hate thieves.
ices_rofl.gif

I like the way you think my friend!!!

PM me the details, I am curious if there is a flaw you see in the design.

(dadofthree @ May 11 2007,12:07)
(Turbo-Torch @ May 10 2007,00:51) Why has everyone been pimpin' this Roadlock thing like it's the end all be all anti theft device?  When was the last time a thief took time to hotwire a bike and RIDE OFF with it?

The bike gets tossed in the back of a truck and off it goes.  Does that Roadlock put out some type of gravitational force that keeps the bike attached to the earth?

I can immbolize my bike with the cable lock I carry by running it through the wheel and swingarm.  I also have the added bonus of being able to lock it to a stationary object if one is nearby.  At least it'll be a bit more of a deterrent for the "toss it in a truck and go" thieves and it set me back a whole $20 bucks at Lowe's.
My paging alarm helps too and if all else fails a call to State Farm.
I understand where you're coming from, but it takes eight crackheads to throw a Busa, and two weight lifters. It is a visible deterrent, and thieves cut your cable in 5 seconds flat.
Thats funny,,and true. Cant stop a pro..However most bikes arent cliped by pros,,,this is my list
1. RoadLok
2.Good alarm
3.Dont park bike in high risk areas
4.Browning 9mm
5. 8 cameras 24 hour recording around house,plus all streets coming into and out of hood.front and back.
6. Try not to be lazzy about these things.

8 crack heads,,lol,,,i love it.

sounds like you live in Ft Knox!

I have a similar list, minus the cameras, alarm and I have a SpringField XD.
super.gif

POST JACK going on here...........

BY THE WAY.....REALLY Like the bomb idea.....

"We now return you to your regularly scheduled post".......
super.gif

So have ya heard anything on the 07' stolen
rock.gif
?............

Sorry to hear that. In the future don't leave your bike where you can't SEE IT. I really hope it's recovered. Now your insurance rate will go up. Keep your head up
mad.gif

(dadofthree @ May 11 2007,10:09)
(Sloto200 @ May 11 2007,10:21) i would think that roadlok is so new that a thief wouldnt know it was there until he tried to roll away with the bike...  the fact remains that it still doesnt keep a few big guys from picking the bike up and throwing it in a van or truck and driving away with it...
He thought you said "Roadblock", Geeze! He just wanted to know where the "Roadblock" was!

Back