Stolen 05 le from Kansas City Mo.

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
I sold this Busa to a friend of mine, he just moved down to Bay City Texas with bike in tow to build a walmart there. Aparently, the bike was stolen Wednesday night. This bike had a crack in the frame where the frame intersects with the steering column on the left side that had been rewelded and repaired. There is road rash on the right side plastics and the snow shovel on the back had been removed. Also, I think that he had a silver hump installed so it does not match the Gunmetal Grey paint job on the bike. All you brothers in Texas keep an eye out for me on this one. He only has had the bike since August and finally got in on the road in February. Thanks for your help. I HATE FUGGIN THEIVES!!!

If you have any pictures post them and it'll be a great help. There are several board members from Texas and we are scattered all around the Great State...
We will watch for it...

David

OK, had some wrong info.  The bike was stolen from Crossland Suites in Kansas City, MO.  The plastic with the road rash had been replaced but the distinguishing things about this bike are, Silver Hump, and a frame slider hole on the right side plastic with no slider installed.  Bike has approximately 2800 miles on the speedo.  Again, please keep an eye out for this, it will probably end up getting parted out. Bike was on a trailer and secured with cables and a hitch lock. Theives stole the trailer and all.

<!--EDIT|racerV
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142612448 -->

Sorry to hear that man.................

Hope you find it.......Thieves suck
mad.gif

will keep my eye out in okla for it sorry to hear can you post a pic possibly

I am waiting on photos and a VIN #. Will post as soon as I get em.

I will keep my eyes open for it. It's cold here so they may not be riding it. Will keep my eyes and ears open to see if anybody has one they are parting out.

keep mine open too, and i will tell my friends also...it'll show up somewhere i bet...

Here is the VIN# JS1GW71A852109213

If anyone comes accross it, let me know.

Thanks

Check out ebay it may be a good chance that bike has been stripped and being sold piece by piece on ebay unfortunatly and they may wait awhile on the frame since it will be the easiest peice to track. Grated i have heard of bike theives selling everything publicy like ebay or parts sites and then the frames go in for scrape since there arent many questions asked about them especially if you put a dent or bend in them

But in any cause hopefully this bike can be found before that happens

Damn theives
mad.gif

Anybody have any idea on how many Busa's get stolen regularly? This is insane- I just responded to the other post as well for the guy who just lost his LE.

BUSAFETT

As far as getting the bike, they can look that info up (insurance, mv database), case your place, theyre thru your lock in a matter of seconds, then theyll either hoist it into a van, or punch out the ignition and ride off with it. They'll sell the thing to a pre-arranged fence for a couple grand who'll chop the thing up and then it goes on ebay. Frames get dumped. Some of these parts suppliers on ebay are fences, or at least dabble in it.

The motors are a hot item amongst dirt round track racers here in Ohio.  The little sprint cars and I'm sure they race 'em all around the country.  That's why you hardly ever see the motors on ebay.  

I read about a ring that spanned from Detroit through Zanesville, Ohio to NYC.  They sent out spotters to get tag numbers and paid them $50 per tag number.  Then they traced them through the web for $25 each to get owners info.  They then scope out the location and waited until inclement weather hit guaranteeing that the bike is parked.  In and out in less than 60 seconds.  4 guys in a moving van equipped with air compreesor and various tools for bustin off locks and cables, pick it up and go.  The back of the truck was a mobile chop shop fully equipped with wirless internet.  So by the time you get home, the bike has been gone for hours, chopped, photoed and place on ebay with a ship from address of NYC to throw the owner off a bit.  Usually placed on ebay with low prices and short auction times.

They got busted because the guy that was researching the tag numbers called the credit card company to complain about a late charge, which in turn took it from an automated process to getting a human involved with looking at the account and the card company noticed numerous DMV search charges, so they called the authorities and set up the sting.  One of the bikes targeted was in Zanesville, Oh and that's where they set the sting at.  By the time the owner got home the thieves were in NYC and busted.

I'm sure their are several in line to take their place.  Watch your back guys.

<!--EDIT|dudewizr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142952385 -->

Back