Kansas City

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
Gunnybusa is in Kansas City for several weeks, training for his new job. Today a few of us org members met him for lunch and had some Kansas City BBQ with him. It was a pleasure meeting you in person Gunny and Santosh (Skotty). Myself, omslaw, bigmac0331, Skotty and Gunny ate some good food, talked busas, and got to know each other. I can't tell you how many great people I have met because of Hayabusa.org. Thanks Cap for this great site. It is so cool to sit down with someone you have never met before, and have so much in common right off the bat, that you feel that you have known them all your life. Look forward to doing some riding with Gunny and Skotty. Before all you pic hounds start, we didn't have a camera between 5 of us. Good thing too, I will not have to answer posts asking what is that red stuff all over GSXcite"s pants? Still having a problem using a fork with my left hand, and that BBQ found it's way onto the new light colored pants my wife just bought me. Guess I'll just tell her the truth and say Omar missed his mouth with that giant onion ring and it hit my new pants!
laugh.gif

Hal I thank you so much for giving me that call....I'm just glad it was my day off. Hopefully we can all get together again....keep me informed...

Good times, good BBQ, good company!
super.gif

It was great meeting Gunny and skotty! We'll hafta do some riding before the weather gets too cold!

Gunny - post up when you get your computer!

Thanks for inviting me to lunch Omar.  This is the first time since I have been here in Kansas that I have had a conversation during lunch.  It was good to meet all of you.  I had bumped into Rusty on a couple of ocassions but havent met any of you before.  

I was a lil embarrased of my dirty ole Busa from the Eureka trip, and not to mention the big gaping holes around the frame sliders.  You guys have super clean bikes.

Nice meeting you Hal, Omar and Gunny.  Hope to have some more meets like this when USN05LE(Don) and Shibumi(Lucas) come visit.

Rusty, hope I'll get some help from you getting rid of that shovel.

[in Homer Simpson's voice] "kannnnzzzass ciiity BARRRR BEEEE QUUUE arrrghhhhh

sounds like a good time
beerchug.gif

i just can't believe none of you had a camera...you threatened them into not showing any pics of your pants didn't you?
biggrin.gif

(Revolution @ Oct. 01 2007,18:14) [in Homer Simpson's voice] "kannnnzzzass ciiity BARRRR BEEEE QUUUE arrrghhhhh
KC BBQ #1, don't knock it until you've tried it. Gates two thumbs up.

like hal said non of us even thought about a camera....Hal and Gunny were on 4 wheels...everybody else just 2...there is way more room in a cage than on the Busa....its their fault...or maybe we were more interested in the BBQ than taking mug shots...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I talked to Gunny today; he wanted me to give you guys crap for not bringing a camera
tounge.gif

Since he's not around to defend himself, we'll just blame him instead
biggrin.gif

I will tell you one thing.....he was sporting the Chevy HHR.......He was definatly driving it like it was a rental....
all_coholic.gif

(bigmac0331 @ Oct. 02 2007,16:10) I will tell you one thing.....he was sporting the Chevy HHR.......He was definatly driving it like it was a rental....
all_coholic.gif
I have no doubt
wink.gif

I offered my busa to Gunny for a ride with the guys. After seeing him drive the rental car, I'm downgrading him to the rebel 250!
laugh.gif

I told my wife that I said that Gunny could ride her Busa if he was itching to ride...and she said thats fine and I quote from my wife" Yeah he can ride....on the back"....hahahahahaha
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I moved from KC about 2 years ago and I miss Oklahoma Joes, Gates and Fierrillis (Jack Stack). Oh, dang it, now my mouth is watering, the stomach is growling, and my brain is hurting trying to think of when I can get up there next.

Glad you all had fun.
biggrin.gif

Back