Des Moines Ia. mini meet n greet

Great ride guys! Thanks to everyone who made the trip. Special thanks go out to OMSLAW for making the long trip up and back with me, pward76 for the great route planning, jjmatheny for leading us back to Hooters, I like Hooters, and as always to my son GSXTacy, Pops Roos, and big sexy for making the trip. Riding with your son is something special, and riding with friends we both enjoy makes it even better. For you investor types, next time we meet at Hooters and big sexey comes, put some money in hot wing futures!

(GSXcite @ Oct. 08 2006,01:22)
(Postal @ Oct. 07 2006,07:27)
(GSXcite @ Oct. 06 2006,15:55) OMSLAW, myself and others are riding up to Des Moines Iowa this Sunday to meet up with GSXTacy and some others. Last time we met up at hooters, went for a group ride, back to hooters for some Chiefs football before heading home. Had a great time. Who would be interested in going? How about it WWJD, fstbusa, HOOKEN203, the Omaha gang and you Kansas City area riders. Chime in and let us know if you would like to go with us. The weather is going to be great and I'm sure it will be a great time.
How about next year when I come out for the Knoxville Nationals we all hook up and ride?

P.
Postal, that would work for sure! Wish we could come out your way and do some riding with you.
smile.gif
Yeah, that would be great! We are riding through the twisties of WV this saturday, rt 250 from Harrisonburg VA to Elkins WV, then up north and back to Harrisonburg. It is a very aggressive ride with mountains and "tail of the Dragon" curves.

Me and some buddies went up to Williams Grove Speedway (Mechanicsburg PA) last Saturday to see the World of Outlaws. The local boys put it on them bad. Local boy Doug Esh won the rain shortened 50 lap feature. Here is his pic. Take care.

Tom.

dougesh.jpg

(GSXcite @ Oct. 09 2006,09:58) next time we meet at Hooters and big sexey comes, put some money in hot wing futures!
LOL!

I'll bring the pillow
laugh.gif

(GSXcite @ Oct. 09 2006,07:58) Great ride guys! Thanks to everyone who made the trip. Special thanks go out to OMSLAW for making the long trip up and back with me, pward76 for the great route planning, jjmatheny for leading us back to Hooters, I like Hooters, and as always to my son GSXTacy, Pops Roos, and big sexy for making the trip. Riding with your son is something special, and riding with friends we both enjoy makes  it even better. For you investor types, next time we meet at Hooters and big sexey comes, put some money in hot wing futures!
Route planning?  Heck, all I did was bring the map that WWJD put up, and even then I only blew past a couple of turn offs  (ok, maybe it was three) - LOL.

Thanks to my Busa brethren for letting me know that my brake light was in perma-on mode, and adjusting the sensor to fix it!

It was a fun ride.  I wish I could have stayed out longer - nice day - good roads - great fall colors -  and lots of nice guys on 'busas (and one BMW).

Greg - I did not get to check out that other road - I had to buzz home to make my son's football game....  We'll have to check it out AFTER I get a new front tire.

And in your honor, I did do a tire pressure check.

sweet. I gotta get out there a couple more times before it gets too cold. There's some spots for high speed runs too if you enjoy that. anything less than a constant 130 feels slow to me now

(spkerhed @ Oct. 09 2006,11:13) where are the pics I want to see what I missed out on
Pops Roos was the official pic taker. He said he would post some up for us.
rock.gif

I just had an interesting conversation with another local biker here at work, who was also in the Magnolia Road area yesterday afternoon.

He saw a sherriff's car headed south out of Boone at a fairly high rate of speed towards Magnolia road at about 2:00. We left Magnolia road about 2:00... It COULD be a coincidence, I suppose...

Evidently, this road is really popular with bikers, and folks that live there are calling the law.

Glad we didn't make another run or two....

crazy.gif

you weren't exceeding the posted speed limit were you P?
SHOCKED.gif
super.gif
jump9.gif

(fstbusa @ Oct. 09 2006,16:26) you weren't exceeding the posted speed limit were you P?
SHOCKED.gif

super.gif

jump9.gif
LOL - well, that would depend on what your definition of 'exceeding' is.

If by 'exceeding' you mean more than doubling, then I guess I would have to answer yes, we were exceeding the limit. But not for very long. It was a short road.....
cool.gif

(pward76 @ Oct. 09 2006,22:47)
(fstbusa @ Oct. 09 2006,16:26) you weren't exceeding the posted speed limit were you P?
SHOCKED.gif

super.gif

jump9.gif

If by 'exceeding' you mean more than doubling, then I guess I would have to answer yes, we were exceeding the limit.  But not for very long.  It was a short road.....  
cool.gif
LOL - short enuf to almost triple the limit!
race.gif

Pat was taking it easy on his front tire
tounge.gif

(fstbusa @ Oct. 09 2006,18:26) you weren't exceeding the posted speed limit were you P?
SHOCKED.gif

super.gif

jump9.gif
Too bad you couldn't make it, Travis. I would have loved to see you and Jeff hit the straight-away on the road!
race.gif

(omslaw @ Oct. 09 2006,22:02)
(pward76 @ Oct. 09 2006,22:47)
SHOCKED.gif

super.gif

jump9.gif

If by 'exceeding' you mean more than doubling, then I guess I would have to answer yes, we were exceeding the limit.  But not for very long.  It was a short road.....  
cool.gif
LOL - short enuf to almost triple the limit!  
Pat was taking it easy on his front tire
Well, I like that front tire.  I've had it a long time.  I've even named him.

I call him "Old Baldy"

(pward76 @ Oct. 09 2006,10:47)
SHOCKED.gif
super.gif
jump9.gif

If by 'exceeding' you mean more than doubling, then I guess I would have to answer yes, we were exceeding the limit. But not for very long. It was a short road.....
cool.gif
well if the speed limit is only 25 and you're going 50 or even 75 then it doesn't sound so bad.
wink.gif

but if the limit was 55 or 60 and you were doing ~150......
ices_rofl.gif

(omslaw @ Oct. 09 2006,12:05)
(fstbusa @ Oct. 09 2006,18:26) you weren't exceeding the posted speed limit were you P?
SHOCKED.gif
super.gif
jump9.gif
Too bad you couldn't make it, Travis. I would have loved to see you and Jeff hit the straight-away on the road!
race.gif
Omar

I wish I would have known that this was "the date" that everyone was riding. I knew chris was saying he couldn't make it that day and that hal was coming up to ride around the 8th but I THOUGHT that was at the quad cities.

If I would have known back when we were planning for the 1st that it was going to be on the 8th I would have SOOO been there.

Looks like this yr is about over. Hope you guys can make it to the dragon again this yr. April 27-29th. Kevin and I are leaving on the 24th I believe. It was a blast last yr.

View attachment 910652

(fstbusa @ Oct. 10 2006,07:17)
(omslaw @ Oct. 09 2006,12:05)
SHOCKED.gif
super.gif
jump9.gif
race.gif
Omar

I wish I would have known that this was "the date" that everyone was riding. I knew chris was saying he couldn't make it that day and that hal was coming up to ride around the 8th but I THOUGHT that was at the quad cities.

If I would have known back when we were planning for the 1st that it was going to be on the 8th I would have SOOO been there.

Looks like this yr is about over. Hope you guys can make it to the dragon again this yr. April 27-29th. Kevin and I are leaving on the 24th I believe. It was a blast last yr.

brave.gif
Definite possibility of a maybe.
tounge.gif

I'm planning on going. I've already informed 'the boss' that I would like to go and Hal, Chris, Kevin, Jeff and I were all talking about it on Sunday.

Back