Sticker goo

Rob'sBus

Registered
I removed all the stickers from the bike so as not to look like a newb. All came off without a problem except for the one on the right side of the front fairing. I worked so hard to get it off that the notorious sticker goo remains. I've tried everything to get it off and all I've succeeded in doing is smearing it around and making it look like a 3 in. cloud. Anyone know of a good solvent that will remove this stuff?

WD-40. or Goo Gone from Wally World, Go easy be patient, it'll come right off.

I used citrus plus. Its an orange based spray that uses the acid in the citrus and wont harm anything.. good luck to ya

Thanks guys. I've tried WD40 and Goo Gone but neither did the trick. Maybe some of the other products mentioned will do it. Thanks for the info and the advice.

It may be too late now, but the sticky on the back of the other stickers will take the goo off by pressing down the peeling up and repeat until gone. I'll bet the old stickers are already gone though huh?

Trust me on this one Goof off is the stuff to use...... I've done countless sticker removals on boats and jet-skis and this is the only thing I use.
GOOF-OFF

Goo-Gone is the same stuff as Goof-Off Ain't it? I mean I am no Goo Expert but if it didn't take the Goo off, then I would say you failed to follow simple instructions Bro.
laugh.gif

Hey Rob! Stop on over here at the house I've got some Sticker Off that will take it right off of there....No problem!

Dan

Thanks again for the info. I used all the stuff (somewhat negligently apparently) mentioned above but it did nothing but smear it around. URIt, I'll stop by to see if you have the magic formula.

I just got the tank sticker, 2 on the black inner fairing, and one off the frame fully removed as of this morning. The tank and frame one I used a blow dryer and peeled (tedious) and then rubbed w/ WD40 until the goo was off. The two on the inner fairing removed with minimal effort.

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091301754 -->

theres some stuff called aqusolve .... think thats how you spell it....anyway, its used in many automotive shops, dunno if its freely available, but that stuff is fan-freakin-tastic and will take off the goo. Works wonders on other troublesome spots on plastic stuffs as well
cool.gif

Ya, there are several items one could get, the purpose of my post was that what you have on hand works well too
cool.gif

hehe, well I got it on hand
wink.gif
if all else fails, find some of that stuff, I promise it will work
cool.gif

Back