Removing the dreaded tank sticker

Stop. Lighter fluid, trade name "naptha". Ronson or Zippo.

IT WILL NOT DAMAGE PAINT OR PLASTIC.

No heat required.

I worked for Boeing for a while and we used that on anything that might be sensitive to chemical.

Trust me on this.

FYI, don't smoke while using it.

Try lighter fluid, it's cheap, won't harm your paint and does a great job.

Try it and tell me I'm wrong.

i'll try this on my next busa , thanx
smile.gif

Can I use lighter fluid on the pastic bits? I am worried about "whitening" of the plastic because of chemical action...

EDIT: Noted the "no damage to plastic" bits.

I will try it on a small area before moving further.

I will post an update in a few hours...

<!--EDIT|gsferrari
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149336096 -->

rock.gif
?

I had to remove the tape residue from the track day, lighter fluid took it off, quickly. Paint, glass, plastic, no harm.

try getting the suzuki sticker off.. its cleared over looks like they put the sticker on there then put the base/clear over it.. every time i paint a busa i gotta sand it down to bare metal to get the outlines to go away. stupid stupid suzuki decal!! and what were they thinking

Just spent 30 minutes this morning getting the tank sticker off of an '05 with my fingernails. My '06 was mo-easier cause the sticker was mo-fresher.
biggrin.gif

WD-40 and a terry-cloth towel does a decent no-harm job on the glue.

Just took mine off at 10:30 last night- OOPS! Multi-Purpose Remover and an old credit card and a half-hour of tedium.
cussing.gif

Hair dryer and WD-40 (didn't have any lighter fluid) for tank, swingarm and frame. Came back over the tank with a quick wax and buff.

Still have to get the sticker under the front right fairing (next oil change).

Back