Dear Suzuki

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I want all you losers that decided to put a sticker on the tank to affix it to your forehead next time!!!
evil.gif

devil.gif

cussing.gif

Now that I have that out of my system. I've spent the last three days trying to remove the tank sticker. I think they used super glue for the one on my tank. First, the plastic covering the sticker peeled off just fine, leaving the sticker behind for some fun and games. So I tried to use my finger nails to pry it up but, little bits came off at a time.

After two days of this madness I only had managed to remove a quarter of the sticker. So today I got out the steamer. A little gadget that, once filled with water and turned on, emits steam from a nozzle. I thought this might loosen the sticker enough... I was right. It still took another hour to remove the rest of the sticker but at least it worked.

I then applied Goo-Gone and let sit for 10 minutes to remove the leftover residue. Washed the tank and applied Mothers FX SynWax. Put on my tank cover and now I'm finished.

I must say the tank looks a lot better without that stupid sticker.

Thanks for listening!

I want all you losers that decided to put a sticker on the tank to affix it to your forehead next time!!!
evil.gif

devil.gif

cussing.gif

Now that I have that out of my system. I've spent the last three days trying to remove the tank sticker. I think they used super glue for the one on my tank. First, the plastic covering the sticker peeled off just fine, leaving the sticker behind for some fun and games. So I tried to use my finger nails to pry it up but, little bits came off at a time.

After two days of this madness I only had managed to remove a quarter of the sticker. So today I got out the steamer. A little gadget that, once filled with water and turned on, emits steam from a nozzle. I thought this might loosen the sticker enough... I was right. It still took another hour to remove the rest of the sticker but at least it worked.

I then applied Goo-Gone and let sit for 10 minutes to remove the leftover residue. Washed the tank and applied Mothers FX SynWax. Put on my tank cover and now I'm finished.

I must say the tank looks a lot better without that stupid sticker.

Thanks for listening!
You can go down to the stealer and get those orange warning stickers for free.

I feel your pain.Mine didn't quite run into another day though. I thought after hitting it with the blowdryer it wuz gunna be easy but as you stated,just the clear mylar came off,and then it was all fingernail!It did help to use a littl wd40 type oil.

Hey,the others were a breeze after the tank sticker!!!

I feel your pain.Mine didn't quite run into another day though. I thought after hitting it with the blowdryer it wuz gunna be easy but as you stated,just the clear mylar came off,and then it was all fingernail!It did help to use a littl wd40 type oil.

Hey,the others were a breeze after the tank sticker!!!
I took the other stickers off first because I knew the tank was going to be a B###h.

Not that I wish this ordeal on anyone but it is nice to know I'm not alone. I just really didn't think it would be that hard to get off.

The good news is that I can't even tell a sticker was there... even after all the poking and scraping with my fingers. I thought for sure I was going to leave a scuff mark somewhere!

<!--EDIT|EastCoast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135207814 -->

the hardest sticker to get off for me was the word suzuki just above the head light, i just couldnt get that glue residue off for the life of me, i would not do it again
mad.gif

They put extra glue on the 05 red/black which makes it weigh more, in an effort to level the playing field since it is the fastest color! LOL

They put extra glue on the 05 red/black which makes it weigh more, in an effort to level the playing field since it is the fastest color! LOL
+2
thumbs-up.gif

I think the dealer should have to remove them after you sign a statement that you read it. I bet Suzuki has a special tool they keep locked up that takes it off in 2 seconds flat, but they enjoy reading about all of our misery here on the post!!

I bet Suzuki has a special tool they keep locked up that takes it off in 2 seconds flat, but they enjoy reading about all of our misery here on the post!!
Well actually..........

One of my good friends is a mechanic at the local Zuk stealership and they use a pinstripe removal tool. It is basically a big eraser that will remove stickers and pinstripes and not damage paint. If all else, go to a bodyshop and they will probably do it for a few bucks.

Here is a pic of the tool:

WS_AP_1232.jpg

I bet Suzuki has a special tool they keep locked up that takes it off in 2 seconds flat, but they enjoy reading about all of our misery here on the post!!
Well actually..........

One of my good friends is a mechanic at the local Zuk stealership and they use a pinstripe removal tool. It is basically a big eraser that will remove stickers and pinstripes and not damage paint. If all else, go to a bodyshop and they will probably do it for a few bucks.

Here is a pic of the tool:
That's really interesting. I would have to see it used on another bike before I let them use it on mine. I'm sure it works as intended... though, I would be leery of it.

the hardest sticker to get off for me was the word suzuki just above the head light, i just couldnt get that glue residue off for the life of me, i would not do it again
mad.gif
That sticker kicked my A$$... I tried everything... blowdryer... steam... goo be gone. And I still think I can see the faint outline... Drives me crazy everytime I think about it.

mad.gif
That sticker kicked my A$$...  I tried everything... blowdryer... steam... goo be gone.  And I still think I can see the faint outline... Drives me crazy everytime I think about it.
Have you tried a clear-coat-safe cleaner or polish to get rid of the outline?

Actually, I used "never dull" chrome polish wadding, it has a petrolium distilite, which broke down the adheasive quicky. Just make sure to wash off all the residue ...

Easy tank warning sticker removal.

1. Peel the clear cover off the sticker. comes off in one piece
2. Nail polish remover, I used one with no Acetone.
   Acetone may affect the clear coat, I do not recomend it
   for you or your baby. It also may attack the plastic. Use a
towel for any run off.
3. Soak something that will cover the sticker with the nail  
   polish remover and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Longer    
   may be better, but do so at your own risk. I used make-up
   pads.
4. Peel up the sticker. Mine came off in just a few pieces.
5. Rub pads back over the left over glue till majority is gone
6. Place soaked pads back on the last tacky glue, let sit for 2
   min and rub off remaining glue.
7. Clean nail polish remover from tank and then I waxed area
   just in case.

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139498771 -->

Back