How to remove gas tank warning sticker?

///M+Busa

Registered
Good evening,

Just picked up my '07 Busa  
smile.gif
 I want to remove the warning sticker thats on the tank.  what should i use to remove it, without scratches?  

Thanks in advance.

William

i know cause i went though this,... get a hair dryer hold it on there, and with a little work it will come off, you can use a heat gun, but be very very very very carefull cause it could hurt the paint

Get a hair dryer and warm up the sticker and then using something soft like a popcycle stick or a piece of plastic, or very carefully, your fingernail, start an edge peeling and it comes right off. Use WD40 or GooBGone or Plexus or any polish to get the remaining glue residue off. Haven't looked closely at the 07s so make sure its above the clear coat.
wink.gif

I didn't like the Goo-B-Gone stuff.

First, patience. Go slow and take your time.

Use a hairdryer (it's too easy to fry your paint with a heatgun). Get the sticker fairly warm, and then with your fingernail, just pick off a corner, and then gently pull. There should be little residue (if any).

If there is, I used the Honda cleaner (great stuff if you can get it!) to remove it.

Taking the stickers off of the metal is MUCH easier than the plastics...

Good luck.

My plastic stickers pulled right off.....I even stuck them on a cabinet. My tank one is what came off in pieces and needed to get the residue off, which I used goo-b-gone and it worked quickly.

I just used my fingernail on mine and cleaned the residue off fith nail polish remover. no scratches or harm to the finish.

(Super Trucker @ Apr. 13 2007,17:56) A hair dryer and finger nail, don't stop with that one take them all off.
Yeah, what he said  
beerchug.gif

And  
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
 to your first of a thousand MODS  
jump9.gif

Here she is, with my other toy. First Mods will be powder coating the mid pipes and getting CF cans. To complete the ALL black look.

DSCN7514.jpg

(MoosesBusa @ Apr. 13 2007,21:45) wire wheel on a grinder will get it off in quick order
beerchug.gif
iamwithstupid.gif

On the serious side, hair dryer and GooGone.

Goo Gone, GooBGone, Goof Off...there's a bunch out there and some can be damn harsh.

I have a can of GOOF OFF that does an awesome job at removing old dried up latex paint from wood trim. Tried it once to remove magic marker from a plastic computer case...it took the marker off along with leaving a huge crater in the case as it turned the plastic to mush. Don't know what it'll do to the clear coat but I guarantee it'll fug up the plastic inner panels that also have stickers.

I always use a hair dryer and WD40 followed by wax.

Back