Easy(er) sticker removal??

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
So for some reason I'm in Sticker Removal mode. I had no problems with the "Suzuki" or "GSX 1300R" on the tail, so I'm feeling good, and I figure the Kanji Hayabusa is big and it will peel right off...

WRONG!

A few blisters, and a half a bottle of Goo Gone later, the right side is off. A hair dryer seemed to help a bit, but it took a couple of hours.

Any "magic" ideas/suggestions?

After all this work, the stickers on the frame should be a breeze.

Thanks, Juggler

go to your local hardware store (lowes / home depot) and invest $30 in a heat gun. they get hotter than a hair dryer (have to be careful not to blister paint), but they work wonders. i was in same boat as you, got almost 1 side done in 2 hrs, then went and bought a heat gun. i had the second side removed in ten minutes. no blisters (fingers or paint), and was extremely proud of my investment.

Any reason to buy a new tool is good for me. I love this board!

tounge.gif

go to your local hardware store (lowes / home depot) and invest $30 in a heat gun. they get hotter than a hair dryer (have to be careful not to blister paint), but they work wonders. i was in same boat as you, got almost 1 side done in 2 hrs, then went and bought a heat gun. i had the second side removed in ten minutes. no blisters (fingers or paint), and was extremely proud of my investment.
iamwithstupid.gif
I mean,
umnik.gif
what he said!
tounge.gif

Heat gun is the way to go!

Back