Stickers...good lord are these on!

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
It took me a better part of an hour to get the sticker off the tank...it took about a half hour to get off one of the dash/panel stickers off.

Ive been thru this before but these stickers where really bad, the came off so slowly! To make matters worse I used too strong of a chemical to get off the panel sticker residue and it started to take out the finish! I stopped immediately and cleaned it off...oh well it turned out decent.

I wish Suzuki would use some stickers that would just peel right off.

Hair dryer and 3M adhesive remover is what I used, but you are right those on the inner panel are tough to get off.

Well I ruined my RS panel...I found one @ Ron Ayers for $20 so I guess I will try again. Maybe I will luck out and the new panel wont have any stickers on it.

Well I will at least try waxing it first and see if that fixes the discoloration where the plastic melted.

Oh, the trials of new bike ownership.
biggrin.gif

I am a pic ##### so here:

You can see where the ..ummm , ummm ....gulp...Naptha took down the finish..its more noticable in person.

Temporary fix:

Actually if I could find a nice thick emblem type decal that would flex some I would not mind putting a sticker there permanently. I am looking @ $27 shipped for a new panel.

Anyone here got a nice mint one for sale?
smile.gif

Yes Always leave your bike in the Sun or use a mild heat gun not solvents to remove the stickers.

After removal use charcoal lighter to remove excess glue.

Charcoal lighter won't hurt your finish.:;):

RsN

I went the hair dryer and WD-40 route myself...again....for the 3rd bike in a row...slow but tedious. LOL!!!

as usual...but didn't screw anything up.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: "My smilies never come out right. LOL!!!"|1112666463 -->

I took all mine off and stuck them on a piece of wax paper just incase the US Customs folks gives me a hard time getting the bike back into the States. I think I had a easy set of stickers cause they came off fairly easy.

I used some CRC aerosol degreaser. Makes the job a snap, and won't hurt paint or anything else for that matter.

Back