Thinking about peeling the stickers

HT_USMC

Registered
First, I have an 05 Blue/Silver (so we all know which stickers we're talking about).

Well, I've been thinking of peeling some if not all the stickers off the bike to clean up the look a smidge. So any feedback would be killer!

Stickers in question:
  1. Suzuki stickers on nose and tail - I think these are gone, no brainer
  2. The two stickers on the nose that run parallel to the headlight - not sure about these
  3. The lowest sticker on each side fairing - fairly sure I want to remove these
  4. The two GSX1300R stickers on the tail - again fairly sure I want to take them off
  5. If there was a clean way to lose the kanji and the decal the kanji "eats" into, I'm probably down with that too - only way I remove these is if I can find a good alternative to keep the flow that the current sticker has with the tank

I'm trying not to paint the Busa until it's at least 18 months old. I've only had it 8 months for crying out loud and I don't want to sink the mo..ney... alright, it's really that I don't want the "mod monster" to get me!

laugh.gif

Thanks in advance!

HT

Maybe AlbanianEagle can do a Photoshop job for ya. He has done a few for me on my posts, and his work has really helped me decide on a few things. Not sure how he does it, but he does it good...lol
cool.gif

The way it reacted I think a Heat-Gun would have helped.
I have one and didn't use it because the front came right off.
rock.gif

So I went right to the back. "Wrong"
wow.gif

Use a Heat gun . I took off my kanji stickers and they came off without any problems.

Thanks guys. Got the front two off last night. They came off fairly well, though both left a bit of the "sticky" behind (probably about half the length of each sticker) and goo-gone took care of that without much effort.

I tried a blow-dryer on both high and low heat, neither seemed to help much and in some ways made it seem like the sticky was staying behind and releasing the decal even easier.... which was no bueno.

I'll be taking the tail decals off tonight and possible the bottom two fairing decals. Will update and post pics once I'm done

The stickers on the tank are clear coated and you can't remove them. I took that silly looking S off the tank. I have removed lots of stickers on a number of bikes and the only one that ever gave me a problem with the lower cowl GSXR sticker on a GSXR1000 which ended up taking some small chips of paint with it. I personally like the clean look myself.

dude, i paint bikes...the 1300r on the tail is a whole different story from the vinyl stickers on the bike. now i've never had to just remove them cause i always sand and prime and repaint but, when i have sanded i've noticed that the 1300r is not like a vinyl sticker. it's not like ink on vinyl. i dont know the process but it's more of a direct adhesion to the paint/ clearcoat. be careful and goodluck.

since I just had to pull them off to repaint my right side, the decals on the side fairings, they are thick so they come of fairly easy, the kanji is the hardest but still not bad I did not use heat gun just a single edge razor blade, but it was already scratched so I wasn't worried about scratching it but a hairdryer would work well imo
wink.gif

heat gun works good to remove vinyl but BE CAREFUL not to blister the paint. just warm up the adhesive enough to soften it then remove. when removing vinyl keep it low onto itself, like folding/rolling it back, dont try to lift it off...roll/pull it back. what i do is i hold the heatgun away and place my hand on the surface i'm working on then slowly/from far away point the heat towards my hand near the surface. when my hand is WARM from a safe distance it's about a good distance to work. i remove my hand and apply the heat in motion side to side onto the area. keeping the gun moving helps in not getting one spot too hot and cause blistering. hope this helps. any questions just ask.

That works. It's exactly what I did last night though I had mixed results with the heat. I rolled it back versus just lifting it and heated my hand while slowly rolling the decals.

Thanks a ton AlbanianEagle! Very Helpful!

beerchug.gif

I doctor'd the mid-fairing decal back in... I think I like the look. Opinions?

<!--EDIT|HT_USMC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135981493 -->

post_6_77709_noStickers2.jpg

First, I have an 05 Blue/Silver (so we all know which stickers we're talking about).  

Well, I've been thinking of peeling some if not all the stickers off the bike to clean up the look a smidge. So any feedback would be killer!

Stickers in question:
  1. Suzuki stickers on nose and tail - I think these are gone, no brainer
  2. The two stickers on the nose that run parallel to the headlight - not sure about these
  3. The lowest sticker on each side fairing - fairly sure I want to remove these
  4. The two GSX1300R stickers on the tail - again fairly sure I want to take them off
  5. If there was a clean way to lose the kanji and the decal the kanji "eats" into, I'm probably down with that too - only way I remove these is if I can find a good alternative to keep the flow that the current sticker has with the tank

I'm trying not to paint the Busa until it's at least 18 months old.  I've only had it 8 months for crying out loud and I don't want to sink the mo..ney... alright, it's really that I don't want the "mod monster" to get me!

laugh.gif

Thanks in advance!

HT
Why not just ride it for awhile and leave things alone? I've always wondered why folks start modding their bikes as soon as they get them....they spend more time modding than riding and get all worked up from trying to make the mods work without damaging their "new" bike. No offense intended, I just don't get it.....I bought mine to ride
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

HT -
It might look really good if it had something that looked like a Falcon head, in Blue, say mid lower fairing......
biggrin.gif
I've always been a fan of the 01-02 schemes

Back