Sticker film making me nuts!!!

vulgar2

Registered
I am going to end up in a mental hospital.
I removed my stickers. Used a hair dryer and a plastic knife to get it started. It couldn't have have worked any better on the rear's and the right side. No residue left. The front and left were a different story. They did not want to come up. When I did get them off, just the sticker came up with no adhesive on the back. Every bit of adhesive was still on the bike. I did a search, read the threads, tried goo gone first. No luck. Then tried WD-40, still no luck. This crap will not come off!:banghead: I've been at it for three hours. I'm going crazy! If anyone knows a secret way or has a different idea I would so appreciate it. Next option is the belt sander..........

3M makes a adhesive remover found at auto stores. Worked for getting the 'Bird off the hood of my old TA.

goo gone and elbow grease. if you go to a body shop, they'll have a wheel for their grinder made out of the same stuff as those brown erasers you used in school. smells like carmel/chocolate when you use em. but they work great on stickers/adhesive.

The thing with goo gone.... If you try to use it sparingly, it doesn't work very well. When I really saturated my cotten rag with the stuff, it worked much better. Give the Goo Gone another try and use a lot. It took the residue from my Gen II stickers off pretty easily.

goo gone and elbow grease. if you go to a body shop, they'll have a wheel for their grinder made out of the same stuff as those brown erasers you used in school. smells like carmel/chocolate when you use em. but they work great on stickers/adhesive.

But you have to remember you're using it on plastic. You could damage it if you stay to long in one spot and put a burn mark on it.

Taking decal's off with the eraser wheel work's GOOD on METAL. If you go near plactic with it I bet you will be buying a new peice. Get a few plastic razor blade's and some wax and grease remover and soak the decal for a few minute's and be gentle scraping the decal off. Polish the area after and enjoy your bike with no sticker's.

The auto body shops use a product called SEM SOLVE to remove paint overspray without damaging paint and plastic. Works pretty good on sticker residue, removing glued-on rubber grips on your handlebars, etc. Hard to find. Look up Auto Body Supplies in your yellow pages to find a place that sells it. If they sell Dupont, PPG, and House of Kolor paints, they will probably sell SEM Solve. The telephone is your friend, or buy it online and pay shipping. I still have a quart can after 12 years and use it for all sorts of stuff.

sem solve.jpg

You're probably taking off the clear coat too. You may want to consider getting a coat from a local paint shop for paint protection after rubbing chemicals on it for hours...just my opinion.

I'm cheap...
Use OFF bug spray

Whatever u use DO NOT APPLY IT TO THE PAINT.

apply it to a rag, napkin, q tip, cotton ball then treat the affected area.
Posted via Mobile Device

I waited for the summer heat let the bike sit in the sun let the sticker warm up from the sun then peel them off or you could use a hair dyer to warm them up it should be easyer to peel

Thanks guys. Gonna go at it with a calm head today. First a trip to the auto parts store to see what I can pick up...... 3M, Rapid Remover.....

Thanks guys. Gonna go at it with a calm head today. First a trip to the auto parts store to see what I can pick up...... 3M, Rapid Remover.....

You hit on the best product right there "Rapid Remover". Just go to a local sign shop for assistance seems the product is not sold retail, just through sign supply distributors. How do you think we get the adhesive off from a bus/vehicle wrap removals?

The 3M products range from totally uneffective to scarey harsh (as in decal gone, glue gone, paint gone, oops!).

Last edited by a moderator:
:
You hit on the best product right there "Rapid Remover". Just go to a local sign shop for assistance seems the product is not sold retail, just through sign supply distributors. How do you think we get the adhesive off from a bus/vehicle wrap removals?

The 3M products range from totally uneffective to scarey harsh (as in decal gone, glue gone, paint gone, oops!).

- Rapid Tac's Rapid Remover[/url]

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain Brother.

I took mine off and tried everything. Goo gone / Goo gone plus / veg oil / WD-40 / The 3M adhesive remover did do the best job but it still wasnt perfect, I ended up taking them to a local body shop and they buffed out the areas that wertent perfect.

Good luck

Back