Starter switch, relay?? Problems..

yeh how do you check the tip over thing? its in the bracket and is hardwired in so duno how you would check it? and what should the meter say when you check the stand switch and the clutch?

I'll go with ohms with the bike off. I have never done this or even looked at it, but believe that you're dealing with two wire devices. So you would put your meter across those leads and look for a change as you operate them. I know you can hear the clutch switch clicking when it operates. I have a bad clutch lever and had to build the cam area up with duct tape to make it operate the clutch switch.

I would find a mechanic and tell them you dropped the bike. It's been 18 months brother. I hope that fuel cell is full of fuel. You're about to have major fuel system issues.

i will try that tomorrow, i can hear the clutch switch when i pull it in, and the stand i thought it didnt matter aslong as the clutch was in? the fuel is fine be drained and fresh put in, also had new oil and filter, air filter, sparkplugs and coolant change been done.

i will try that tomorrow, i can hear the clutch switch when i pull it in, and the stand i thought it didnt matter aslong as the clutch was in? the fuel is fine be drained and fresh put in, also had new oil and filter, air filter, sparkplugs and coolant change been done.
If the bike is in neutral the kickstand switch doesn't matter, but the tip over will do you in.

Not a mechanic, expert, nothing, from what I've read over the past 7 years replace it. I've had them on the side. Picked them up and cranked them. But others have had issues.

I am having the same issue except when i hit my button you can hear the starter relay engage but nothing. But then I notice that my neutral light is out while doing the process and it will come back on after i switch the key to the off position. I held in the kickstand relay and the neutral light came on then soon as I hit the starter switch back out and clicking on the starter relay. I am trying to figure out these diodes are located, is there anything else i am missing the sun is out and im ready to roll

I have a 2003 Hayabusa. I’m not getting power to the starter but the lights and everything work when i hit the starter button the head lights go out. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? Before i took it apart to paint it everything was running and working fine. I hooked everything back up just like i took it apart and triple checked everything. But I’m still not getting power to the starter..

Are you certain the battery is good? Even if trickle charged and the voltage is in an acceptable range (say 12.4-12.85), if it has internal problems its life may be done. Not an expert but you can put a voltmeter on it and hit the starter, and if it drops to zero volts, that is an indicator of death. I think it should stay around 10V under load. Have it duty cycle tested?

Back