Not starting from the starter switch

Busagang12

Registered
I have a 01 busa it will not start from the start switch i change the starter relay, the harness checked the starter everything works fine i can jump it from the starter relay and i cranks fine just when i push the starter switch it does nothing

check the clutch switch, if you have aftermarket levers it may not be going back far enough to trip the clutch switch
I’m with this guy. ^! Mine did that and turned out to be the hydraulic switch I used when I upgraded the master cylinders to brembo a a few years back. I managed to get an oem switch to work with the brembo master cylinder and no more problems.

You can jumper the switch and see if it starts. Don't run it like that though on the streets. It will give a ecu error and shut down the bike. If it starts after jumping the switch you know the switch is the problem.

Okay update i have no kickstand switch no clutch switch just put a brand new starter switch on still won't start from the starter switch

Okay update i have no kickstand switch no clutch switch just put a brand new starter switch on still won't start from the starter switch
Seems someone did some funky electrical work for you not to have any of the safety switches. Obviously whatever it was they did broke. Have to trace the wiring in all these areas where the safety switches are supposed to be and find the breakage. But even if you don't have a clutch switch probably means your bike ain't running the way it should, the clutch signal changes some of the fueling and spark I beleive. Dont think you can program the clutch safety engagement switch out.

What do you mean you have no clutch switch or kickstand switch?
As in they don’t exist or broken?
Unless someone has done some “interesting” wiring, without those two, it’ll never start or at the very least, be a bit dodgy
Its been bypassed so i dont need it to crank my bike

The starter is good the relay is good just changed the clucth switch by the way the clutch isnt bypassed its the kickstand switch thats bypassed and the fuel pump cycle good

Back