Stabil Fuel Stablizer

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Bike is down for the winter already for about a 40 or so days. Will bring her back out around late Mar or Apr. So with around 120 days or so without a ride, should I use a fuel stabilizer or not? Thoughts plz.......

Detailed_Dec_2006_001.jpg

my set up for over a year with fuel stablizer in it. as soon as i put a new battery in it, it cranked on the first try
beerchug.gif

If you're in a cold climate and it's gonna sit for more than a month, I would use it
wink.gif

Consumer reports recommends it and I use it. It doesn't seem to affect the way the gas burns either.

I have used a product called Sea Foam for years in all my toys with no problems.It is a fuel stabilizer and fuel system cleaner. Takes care of two things at once

I use Stabil - it has fuel injector cleaner and moisture remover. I put it in and went up a few exits on the highway and back home just to work it in. I also use it in my mower & snowblower.

Anything more than 90 days YES YES YES. Mainly to keep injectors from varnishing up with fuel just sitting and soaking them.

As they say, "Pay me now OR Pay me later"  
SHOCKED.gif

You will have varnish instead of gas. Use SEAFOAM!!!!! None of that other crap. (not to insult other peoples choices, just had bad luck with everything else I have tried)

I have used stabil for 4 years....no problems...bikeruns perfectly every start. live in chicago....gets real cold.
I do start it up every few weeks in the winter to keep things going....and even ride in the cold....but no problems with engine performance or injection performance.....

I have used stabil for 4 years....no problems...bikeruns perfectly every start. live in chicago....gets real cold.
I do start it up every few weeks in the winter to keep things going....and even ride in the cold....but no problems with engine performance or injection performance.....

(Hy_Rolr @ Jan. 04 2007,08:09) I can't believe none of you guys have heard of Fitch Fuel Catalyst or have you?...Check it out really. I use it in everything.
Fitch Fuel Catalyst
Quick Synopsis of Fitch Fuel Catalyst

The Fitch Fuel Catalyst Advantage:  
Quicker Throttle Response
Increase Miles Per Gallon
Save You Money
Good For The Life Of The Engine
Keep Fuel Fresh During Storage
Reduce Or Eliminate Engine Knock And Ping
Allow The Use Of Lower Octane Fuel
Help pass emissions tests for a cleaner environment
Keep injectors, carburetors, and spark plugs clean