GPR Stabilizer // Forthcoming Product Review

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, I'm chattin' with Busa159, Steve, yesterday (08DEC08). He tells me he wants to come to San Diego.

Cool. Very cool, in fact. I invite him here, as I have countless others.

Among all the other reasons anyone would want to come to San Diego, Steve says, is that his friend, Mr. Ralph Norman, owner of GPR Stabilizer, has his shop here.

OK, I'll admit to you, just as I did to Steve, that I didn't know what a GPR was. So, he told me. Describing to me how the GPR unit changed his riding...so much for the better! Further, he offered me Mr. Norman's personal cell phone number so I could call him to introduce myself.

With a little background information, I decided I'd leave earlier than usual for work this morning and swing by the GPR Stabilizer facility, which it turns out is conveniently located only about 7.5 miles from where I work.

I get to GPR HQ, and am greeted by this man who immediately welcomes me. We take a tour of his place, he introduces me to his Ducati, numerous employees, awesome motor coach (see pix), etc. We talk extensively about many things motorcycle.

I mention to him items about the Stampede, my writings for Rider's Review and Hayabusa.oRg; my historic visit to Oklahoma City (where I met and dined with Steve, Captain, and Professor).

So, in true 'me' fashion, I offer to do a product review of the latest/greatest GPR Stablizer if he's interested in providing the product for me to test. Mr. Norman, a 70-something gentleman starts the mounting process and is joined by one of his wrench-men who handily install the unit in no-time-flat.

Perfect timing, it turns out, because I'll be putting on at least 600 miles this .oRg "SoCal Rides" weekend. Also perfect timing because the deadline for the January issue of Rider's Review is 16DEC. Gotta get busy!!!

I'm not going to go into the review of the product until after this coming weekend. I'll give you a teaser, however, and tell you I'll never own another bike without a GPR Stabilizer on it...a fact I realized in the 60 or so miles I logged after the mount.

It was a very 'busa' day, too, I got my new tires mounted and oil changed this afternoon after work and Wasabi is ready to roll...

So, here are some pix from my excursion to I-905 (where one could easily throw a stone into Mexico) this very morning.

Special thanks to Steve for this awesome, on-going hook-up with an industry magnate. You rock, yo!

Install 1.jpg

Install 2.jpg

Install 3.jpg

Install 4.jpg

Mr. Norman at Otay 3.jpg

Mr. Norman at Otay 2.jpg

Mr. Norman at Otay.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics Scar, glad you could get by and meet Mr. Norman.
He is a great man! He truly believes in his product and stands behind it.
Now you have one-upped me.
I am now more than ever determined to make a trip "out west".

Enjoy the GPR, the best mod on my Busa.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great pics Scar, glad you could get by and meet Mr. Norman.
He is a great man! He truly believes in his product and stands behind it.
Now you have one-upped me.
I am now more than ever determined to make a trip "out west".

Enjoy the GPR, the best mod on my Busa.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Steve; as you know, Mr. Norman is an amazing asset to motorcycling in general.

In addition to the upgrade for Wasabi, I'm grateful for more material for writing.

Thanks again, very very much, for sharing your friend with me (really, all of us).

Very nice! :beerchug:

Can't wait for the review!

The article won't come out in print for a couple more weeks, which is a very good thing, since I haven't written it yet. :laugh:

But, I will give the .oRg an advance peek... :whistle:

:beerchug: <== GPR!!!

I've never had a stabilizer on a bike. I figured the factory ones on the GSXRs and the BUSA/BKING were the same thing. Is it really that much different other than adjust ability?

I've never had a stabilizer on a bike. I figured the factory ones on the GSXRs and the BUSA/BKING were the same thing. Is it really that much different other than adjust ability?

Lee: Next time we ride (Saturday?), I will turn the thing to zero (like not having one), then adjust it through the clicks for you and you can see what an amazing difference it makes. Seriously, I cannot believe the manufacturers haven't come up with a way to do this themselves. It's just incredible.

Did I mention that it is just incredible? I did? Oh, cool...'cause it is! :laugh:

hey Scar, Bruiser needs one.:whistle:
Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself next time you are back here riding...... (October 2009 Midwest MnG).

Lee: Next time we ride (Saturday?), I will turn the thing to zero (like not having one), then adjust it through the clicks for you and you can see what an amazing difference it makes. Seriously, I cannot believe the manufacturers haven't come up with a way to do this themselves. It's just incredible.

Did I mention that it is just incredible? I did? Oh, cool...'cause it is! :laugh:

Oooh Saturday. I'll have to check my schedule. I'm booked up until Mid December :whistle:

Think one of these stabilizers will work even though I have handle bars and not clip ons? I may have a clearance issue between the risers, and lack of the ability to get to the dial under the bar clamps.

So yeah, want one, but dunno if it will work, oh yeah, and booked until mid december :laugh:

Yeah I have a GPR V4 as well just have to get a Post mount for it so I can get it back on the bike. Waiting on your review :whistle:

Oooh Saturday. I'll have to check my schedule. I'm booked up until Mid December :whistle:

Think one of these stabilizers will work even though I have handle bars and not clip ons? I may have a clearance issue between the risers, and lack of the ability to get to the dial under the bar clamps.

So yeah, want one, but dunno if it will work, oh yeah, and booked until mid december :laugh:

Let's take the B-King to Mr. Norman to find out... :whistle:

And, it turns out that this coming weekend is the very weekend until which you WERE booked.

Now, however, I've checked your calendar (a copy of which was forwarded to your primary aide-de-camp at the State Department), and it turns out that you are on track to ride the entire weekend with the SoCal 'busa peeps.

Back