Winterizing the busa

I rode mine all winter lol. its really not that bad out here in CT>... just wear a couple layers and life is good. plus, you don't have carbs buddy
smile.gif
i dont know how u would sync them.

if u were to winterize it.... get a trickle charger and keep that battery plugged in, drain the gas, change the oil.

I rode mine all winter lol. its really not that bad out here in CT>... just wear a couple layers and life is good.  plus, you don't have carbs buddy
smile.gif
i dont know how u would sync them.

if u were to winterize it.... get a trickle charger and keep that battery plugged in, drain the gas, change the oil.
throttle bodies - you knew what I meant
poke.gif

Big-T naw not yet, just curious as to how you would go about that but apparently I should just ride it so ride it I will

hey, let's not jump the gun! we still have a few good months left. fuel stabilizer, rear and front stand to avoid flat spots, fleece sheet to protect that lovely paint, and a battery tender. i leave the 2 bolts out of my seat and just pull the battery and bring it in the house for warmth. you now how we get those nice days sprinkled here and there.

I know it's been a hot summer and I am also looking for some cooler weather, but.... not yet! No winter! Go away winter!

(whispering, charge battery, change oil and filter, wash and wax, try to ride when I can)

I guess that's one way to forget its 100+ degrees out today.
laugh.gif
I ride 12 months a year. As long as the roads are clear, the Busa is out. I did add grip warmers last year. I must be getting old
sad.gif

I guess that's one way to forget its 100+ degrees out today.
laugh.gif
 I ride 12 months a year.  As long as the roads are clear, the Busa is out.  I did add grip warmers last year.  I must be getting old
sad.gif
i've had the "hot grips" for a few years now and i love em'. it makes "slipping" a ride in on those cold months easy.
idea.gif

+1 on the ride it. If you havn't rode your busa when it's around 30 deg. you are in for a treat. Hard to get them to hook up though.

Starting it and letting it idle for 10 minutes once a month is the worst thing you can do to an engine. All it does is create condensation and acid buildup inside. Short trips are hell on any engine too. If you're not going to ride it, get the tires off the ground, top off the tank and leave it alone till spring.
If you want to start it once a month, take it out and put 20 or 30 miles on it so that you burn off all the condensates. Unless you live in Canada you should get 1 or 2 rideable days a month during the winter.

1) Change Oil
2) Stabil in the gas (top off tank)
3) Put up on center stand (A must-have)
4) Battery Tender
5) Cover

But only after the first snow fall. I rode last year when it was 13 deg F. Keeping the neck area warm is the toughest battle.

And thanks for making us think of winter today when it is over 100 (real feel)

winterwearbusa.gif

Hard to think 'bout winter when it was 97 degress here today. Anyways--living outside of Buffalo, NY I don't get to ride all winter long. Here's what I do:
1.wash, wax,
2.change oil
3. put her on a battery tender.
4.Start her up once a week and let her get up to operating temp.
5. dream about the goods days coming!!!

all good advice but shouldn't us cold weather bitches up the coolant protection as well with more %age of coolant or at least just makin sure its 50/50

Back