Winter bike storage

RX1Jim

Registered
What do you guys do to winterize your bikes for the cold off season? I cleaned up the Busa real nice, when through all of the service items, removed the battery and put it on a battery tender, filled the gas tank and added stabilizer then covered her up real well. Anything else you can thinl of? Thanks and have a terrific New Year!!!

Sounds like u got it, same thing I do-remove battery and put it on tender in the basement, top off the tank and add stabilizer, clean her up real good and make sure the chain is freshly lubes. Also, it's a good idea to change the oil so all the contaminants aren't sitting in there all winter long. One last thing, if u don't have it up on stands, move the bike every so often to avoid flat spotting the tires

And don't start it unless you're gonna ride it for a few. It is actually worse for the engine to just let it idle every once in a while bc it builds up moisture. Have had mine stored for over a month and today it was a rare 60deg out, installed the battery and she started up like a champ, then went for a 70 mile ride

Thanks guys. I agree with you on not starting it unless you are going to ride it. OK, I will finish the storage prep work in the morning. Thanks!

Back