Cold weather storage

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, the busa is put away for the winter. As of now, its stored in a heated area that stays around 45-50. Fuel stabilizer is in, battery tender on, up on stands and a fresh oil change is done. Should I go through with the complete fill up of the oil and pull the battery, or will it be ok to leave it as is for a couple of months. I can start it periodically if needed. Any opinions? Thanks for the help.

i am also interested in this.. think mine is going into storage soon..
i have heard people say take out the plugs, put a teaspoon of oil in and rethread the spark plugs.. i am not sure how necessary this is..
and of course a good through cleaning. got room for another bike? my garage is around 25 F...

bump.gif

I feel bad for you guys that have to put the Busa down for the winter. I'll do some extra riding in your honor
biggrin.gif

If you are able to start the bike regularly there is no need to pull the battery or adjust the oil level. The battery tender will help out tremendously and having it up on stands will prevent the tires from getting flat spots.

Ok, the busa is put away for the winter. As of now, its stored in a heated area that stays around 45-50. Fuel stabilizer is in, battery tender on, up on stands and a fresh oil change is done. Should I go through with the complete fill up of the oil and pull the battery, or will it be ok to leave it as is for a couple of months. I can start it periodically if needed. Any opinions? Thanks for the help.
you have done all u need to do,oil change, battery tender, stabil in gas, put the bike up on stands. clean and lube the chain. only other thing i do.
Then leave it until u are ready to ride it again in the spring.
i never start mine in the winter.

jump on the bike in the spring ride it and then i usually change my oil after about a 1000 miles and put fresh in again and ride.

Hope this helps all.

I would store mine but I just got back from riding. Its 63 here today, just cool enough to get that extra power.

Have some sympathy for us snow birds. We don't want to put her down for the winter but we don't have much choice. I rode all the way down to 15 degrees but then the snow came.
mad.gif

Back