Winterizing the busa

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
For those of you who live in colder climates and have to put the bike away for the winter what are some of the things you do? Do you drain all the fuel out? Do you leave the fule in with fuel stabilizer in it so you can start it up once in a while? I plan on switching to full synthetic and changing the plugs this winter. I might even synch the carbs if I can grow the cahones to use mercury sticks. Thanks for the info.

I dont live in cold climates but dont forget the battery tender.
cool.gif

i have a garage ,so when the snow and or ice is not on the street i am. just keep riding my brother .some of the best rides are when you didnt think you could.

i have a garage ,so when the snow and or ice is not on the street i am. just keep riding my brother .some of the best rides are when you didnt think you could.
+1

When there is no snow, ice or sand on the road I ride it baby!!!!

Boston weather all the time, frozen knuckes and knees-- I do not care, I ride Leticia all the time.

Nice pick up the bike takes with the cold air
biggrin.gif

Did you really have to bring up the W-word at this time?
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154279599 -->

I just top mine off with some good gas so there is no room for condensation inside the tank. Then I let it run for 10 minutes or so once a month if I don't ride it.

I have no idea but, would guess putting it on front and rear stands would help save the tires from flat spotting especially in cold climates.

Also I agree with 300Busa topping off the tank is a good trick I’ve done that on all my boats for 20 years and never had a problem.

it is sure a hot day just about everywhere,for a winter topic? do you have some inside information about an upcomeing ice age???
rock.gif

I live in MI and I don't get to start my bike every week so here is what I do.

1. Put a full tank of gas in the Busa and mix in some Stabilizer Fuel additive and ride it for a mile or so to get it in the fuel system.
2. Wash and Wax the Busa.
3. Take out the filter and spray some Marine Fogging oil in each Intake Stack. You will have to rev the bike and after 5-10 seconds of this, let go of the throttle and the bike will cut-off. This is an alternative to putting a tea spoon of oil in each cylinder.
4. Either put the bike on stands or place cardboard under the tires, this will help with flatspots.
5. Take out the battery and place it inside and not on the ground.
6. Cover the bike and wait for spring.

I live in MI and I don't get to start my bike every week so here is what I do.

1. Put a full tank of gas in the Busa and mix in some Stabilizer Fuel additive and ride it for a mile or so to get it in the fuel system.
2. Wash and Wax the Busa.
3. Take out the filter and spray some Marine Fogging oil in each Intake Stack.  You will have to rev the bike and after 5-10 seconds of this, let go of the throttle and the bike will cut-off.  This is an alternative to putting a tea spoon of oil in each cylinder.  
4. Either put the bike on stands or place cardboard under the tires, this will help with flatspots.
5. Take out the battery and place it inside and not on the ground.
6. Cover the bike and wait for spring.
That is way too much work for me. I rode mine at least once every month last winter. I have never had a problem with anything. I just keep her in the unheated garage and look at her when walking by.

i`m also from michigan. the only problem with a full on storage is that . i rode her dec 27 and some every month there after. not much but some just enough to get a busa fix.

oh...no you did not go there...its not even aug....come on!!!!!

I ride mine every chance I get rode xmas day just dress warm and if ya get cold just crack the throttle a little more and your adrenaline will warm you
biggrin.gif

Back