Speeding ticket 102/70mph....

SracerWV

Registered
Yes he clocked me at 102mph (was doing 145) and i just couldnt slow down quick enough before he got me.

The fine was only $210

Points? The WV DMV website said speeds over 15mph will get you 5pts but then it said that wreckless driving will get you 6pts and possible suspension of 3months

Issuing officer= Hurricane,WV Police Dept

you may be asking yourself why did i stop? i travel this highway ( I-64) every weekday both coming and going to work. he got me in the morning around 5:45am...now like i said, i commute this stretch everyday and have rarely seen a police car or state trooper. now all of a sudden there is a speed trap? something was fishy, so as i debated in my head as to whether to punch the throttle or pull over, i remembered that i travel this EVERYDAY and didnt want to have to dodge this daily...so, i pulled over. as the officer came to my bike ( 2008 blk/slv Hayabusa ) he asked to see my DL and regi and insur...which i had and was up to date. as he walked back to the car...three more cops pulled up coming the oppisite way. one was from the next jurisdiction and the other was a state and one from the county. all wanted to see what i looked like and what speed he clocked me at.
the ticket was given for 90mph in a 70mph...no court date...i have 16,000+ on my busa, my 01 busa had 35,000+ when i sold it....this is the first speeding ticket on either bike.

you break the law...pay the fine

Very wise choice you made in my opinion. I was spotted by an officer last year riding in a matter that I would call "not to smart" he was coming at me when I was speeding and passing on a double yellow. I look in my mirrors and saw his brake lights. I turned the corner and stopped and waited for him. He pulled up and we talked for a bit and he did NOT write me. Like your last line says, You break the law, pay the fine. Mine is you want to play, be ready to pay.
Very good on you for stopping, Not worth the felony eluding or worse DEATH.
:beerchug: to you

Was this on I64 or 60? There has been a lot of radar activity on Route 2 north of Huntington lately.
Never heard of Hurricane cutting anyone a break. Be glad the State boys didn't get to you first.

Where do you work?
I have seen a 08 blk/silv busa coming out of Marathon parking lot when I'm on my way home from work most days.

I'm moving to your state that's not bad at all. I don't know the point system in your neck of the woods but here in cali it's more like 1 or 2 for reckless and you could lose your lice for 1 month to a year all depending

i would have been in cuffs if i got caught doing that here..and its always better to stop and take the licks as much as it sucks i will always stop and hope for the best:beerchug:

Sounds like maybe they have been looking for you, on a mission so to speak. Hey it could have been worse, you could have been in California. I recently got a speeding ticket in my truck for 65 in a 55. The fine was $464 and the total cost well over $500, this is California man, everthing is "FOR PROFIT"

8 of us were pulled over by a WSP a couple of weeks ago as a few folks who live on the highway we were on "reported" us to the sheriff. The sheriff called the state patrol and they were waiting for us.

Well, the officer looked at all of our paper work and told us "boys" to be safe and if we kept it to five over they would let us slide.

One in our group had thought about running but decided that it would cost all of us for running. We all agreed as we were gonna beat his azz if he had. As a funny...When the officer stopped us he said, "Dang! I was hoping one of you would run as I was gonna have them throw spikes down to stop you...nah, just kidding...thank you for stopping"!

It is never wrong to do the right thing.

Sounds like maybe they have been looking for you, on a mission so to speak. Hey it could have been worse, you could have been in California. I recently got a speeding ticket in my truck for 65 in a 55. The fine was $464 and the total cost well over $500, this is California man, everthing is "FOR PROFIT"

Wow! That totally sucks! 65 in a 55??? I had a cop stop me for 85 in a 50. He wrote for 65 in a 50. Here the money break is at 16 mph. 15 over is the same as 1 over. $75 and 3 points. He mentioned that he was saving me about $200 and he was.

I had on my Joe Rocket jacket and the cop said he like it. I asked him if he rode, and he said he did, but he was more into cruisers. I thanked him. 85 in a 50 would have been $250 plus 4 points. Just him and me he nailed me coming straight on with me in one lane and him in the other.

You had to pay way to much. Is CA a state that takes bikes away from you if the speed is too high? You're right though. It is ALWAYS about the money.

Yes he clocked me at 102mph (was doing 145) and i just couldnt slow down quick enough before he got me.

The fine was only $210

Points? The WV DMV website said speeds over 15mph will get you 5pts but then it said that wreckless driving will get you 6pts and possible suspension of 3months

you may be asking yourself why did i stop? i travel this highway ( I-64) every weekday both coming and going to work. he got me in the morning around 5:45am...now like i said, i commute this stretch everyday and have rarely seen a police car or state trooper. now all of a sudden there is a speed trap? something was fishy, so as i debated in my head as to whether to punch the throttle or pull over, i remembered that i travel this EVERYDAY and didnt want to have to dodge this daily...so, i pulled over. as the officer came to my bike ( 2008 blk/slv Hayabusa ) he asked to see my DL and regi and insur...which i had and was up to date. as he walked back to the car...three more cops pulled up coming the oppisite way. one was from the next jurisdiction and the other was a state and one from the county. all wanted to see what i looked like and what speed he clocked me at.
the ticket was given for 90mph in a 70mph...no court date...i have 16,000+ on my busa, my 01 busa had 35,000+ when i sold it....this is the first speeding ticket on either bike.

Don't understand the no court date, but go to court and ask the judge for help. Or pay the fine. Around here the judges are very lenient. Don't no about your area.

Good choice man, never run, they want you to run...Then they can get you on more charges.

Been in law enforcement for 14 years and never met a cop that wanted people to run. It puts everyone at risk, including other citizens ( other reasons I'm not going into ). A lot of jurisdictions now-a-days have no chase policies. In my jurisdiction it is a class A felony. Now how smart is it to turn a possible speeding ticket into a felony or worse ?

Been in law enforcement for 14 years and never met a cop that wanted people to run. It puts everyone at risk, including other citizens ( other reasons I'm not going into ). A lot of jurisdictions now-a-days have no chase policies. In my jurisdiction it is a class A felony. Now how smart is it to turn a possible speeding ticket into a felony or worse ?

Yep.

Running can turn into other things too. Endagerment and restitution in the least.

I had a state trooper tell me his wished I wouldve ran before. He was the one out one a million that makes a bad name for leos. But he calmed down when he realized I was being respectful and didn't arrest me when he couldve.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good call.. not on a route you have to travel daily. They will get you. And running is generally a bad idea.

I got a 119 going south to san diego a sunday morning, road empty, bike was smooth, ...just cruising but a lil too fast. got stopped by a bike, the officer gave me a warning, because i was courteouse didnt run which he admitted he would of never caught me...and i threw my key in the ground before he got there removed my lid and sat..told me i know its hard but try and slow down and sent me off...i depends on the situation....if your an idiot or lie to them theyre gonna bring you down....it also depends on what they see when they check your info and believe it or not your age when they pull you over..but they definately can take your bike and take you in....my buddy got caught doing 95....$1200, month suspension with priviledges just to and from work and points...

IMO, You should not been doing 145 on the streets, you could either kill your self, or someone else.... you want speed? then take it to the track. Sorry bro, but I have seen many people this season die cuz of speed. I just dont think is smart at all.

The fine was only $210

If you would have done that here in VA you would be in jail right now. You are lucky!

P.

:beerchug:

In doing a little research on Radar/Laser Detectors and "associated gear", I somehow happened across this...Anyone run into a radar jammer? - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com

It's a particular thread in a LEO forum around detectors. If you have time to poke around through the various threads in and around the subject of detectors in general, you will find post after post on this site about how much these guys "live for the thrill" of writing tickets...triggering radar when they see someone beside them on the I-State with a detector mounted - just for a laugh (as they fly up behind them - speeding - with no lights or siren)...the "cool" little sayings they've come up with when they pull someone over...how much fun they have setting up a guy at a red-light in an unmarked to see if they can get an arrest if the guy jumps with them at them at the green light.

Found many posts where the LEO's make statements that "this is why they joined the force"...in reference to harrassing people with tickets. These ARE the guys that are hoping you run...

Really sad dudes...where's Andy Griffith when you need him?

Back