speeding ticket

busakidaz

Registered
I got this criminal speeding ticket in December. I was going 90 in a 55. It was my second speeding ticket, both on this bike. This cop wasn't even mad or nothing? He put me in Phoenix Jail (Madison). I stayed the night there 12 hours. I didn't sleep at all. Got picked up about 10 pm, I-17 south bound. They TOWED the bike. **** 160 dollars to get her out. It was the end of the year almost and they were trying to say I would be stupid to ride in this rain? Now that I think about it I was up for about 30 hours. (Prolly shouldn't have done that ride but I made it back safe.) I went to court and they didn't even have any plea bargain for me said it would be like 420 dollars plus the criminal charge which was a Class 3 misdemeanor on my record. I asked the judge for a continuance. This is the thing that I don't really get is if I take it to trial and lose will I face jail time? They wouldn't give me a public defender because they said the case was not facing any jail time? Weird will any way if the county attorney doesn't have a offer any better I think I'll just take it to trial.

you wil be wasting your time. you will loose. they have you on camera and radar i bet. no point in taking it to trial. you wont face jail time but i bet if you take it to trial you will pis$ them off and they will charge you the max for sure then.

Might talk to a Lawyer and see if you can get the charges reduced.

I got a ticket for 115 in a 65 a couple of weeks ago. I hired a lawyer! The ticket was total BS! I was going 80-85 in a 65, which is kinda normal in socal, when I checked my mirror and this black car was closing on me so fast it scared the $hit out of me....so I sped up and moved to the right. The officer only turned his lights on when a pick-up truck moved into his lane. The cop says he 'paced' me at 115....NOT! I hope he has video....GOD I hope he has video! Ok, actually, I hope he doesn't show up to trial; but if he does, I WANT VIDEO!!!

The officer was kinda cool about it all though. He didn't hit me for reckless driving, didn't hook and book me, didn't tow me....he just wrote the ticket and sent me on my way. Weird thing is, when the county sent me notification of arraignment they had already reduced the charge to below 100mph. ??? NEway...arraignment is on Feb15, can expect trial in May...ish.

I have since stopped riding on the street. Bike is currently in pieces; turning her into a dedicated drag bike. I'll get another bike to use on the street eventually, but there aren't too many busas around coronado.....which makes me a target every time I ride.

Best of luck with your ticket bro!

HOOYAH!!!
Quantum

Call the prosecutor and ask him if he will agree to an infraction and driving school, if not you are getting an attorney.

Back