Something I said that I would never do

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well everyone welcome back, it was a long week and I am glad to see the board back online. Sorry for the long delay in gettin everything running again but the odds were stacked against me on this one.

Not too long ago there were a couple of you on the board that were wanting to make donations and I refused saying that the site was free and that I would never charge for admission to the site. Well I can guarantee that I will never charge for membership but with things as tight as they are right now I need to make a statement, one that I hate making. Call it foolish pride or whatever but this is tough for me.
      With the board down this last week I was not able to quickly get it back up mainly because of lack of time. I went to an old friend and asked him to pitch in and work on the SQL tables while I focused on the software, Dustin is a college student and he jumped in and made it happen. I really need to pay him something for his time and you can help.

Another reason that the board was down is because I am selling my house and moving into an apartment. When I did this I had to pay a pretty hefty fee for transferring the two T-1's from the house to the apartment, and finally I had a mother board go out on one of the servers. As you might expect this month my hobby has become very expensive, and I have other obligations ahead of the board (believe it or not)... I am going to go against everything that I have said in the past and open up my paypal account for one week to accept donations. I do not expect anyone to send money but if you choose to it will be appreciated. I am not going to ramble on with this but I need to make a few things happen and happen quickly. If you dsesire to send a couple of dollars then you can send it to my paypal account. You should be able to go here http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/ema/index-outside my account is captain@hayabusa.org thanks in advance guys.....

Captain

Glad to help out Capt. Granted it is not much but I have sort of maxed things out these last few weeks. Hey I had to do something , I got bored
biggrin.gif

Hope that enough people send something to cover the costs and help out. A lot of us really appreciate the effort that goes into making this such an enjoyable place to spend our spare time. Please keep up the good work!

Captain: just keep your account up long enough for the transfers... you know paypal can be slow!

Think you could double-charge me for another shirt?? I need a stocking-stuffer... you have my mailing address.. santa clause is on the way to you.

We lov ya for all the work you do. Offers to help still stand!

Captain, I offered my help before and I offer my help again. You have money.
Thanks for all you do to keep this board running.
Jim

If someone can explain to me what PayPal is and how to use it I can donate that way. If not Captain if you can post another means of accepting a gift I can go that route...

I really enjoy this site and I want to help keep it running...

Paypal is a way to make payment over the internet using your credit card. I use it mainly for E Bay. Just click on the link in Captains post and set up your account. Once you have done that then you can sent money to him. Open up your account and click on send money. It will ask for the email address of the person that you wish to pay and how much you are sending. Just follow the directions and it is preatty easy.

I would much rather skip using paypal also. Can we send cashiers check/money order to a address?

It's not that I have anything against paypal.. it's just christmas season.. and that means my checking account (where my paypal fundage comes from) runs stays somewhere between "Dead", and "Dying" for the duration of the month.

If I do cashiers check I have the money in hand and I KNOW that it's not going to throw my whole account into a tailspin thus destroying my flock of followers christmas wishes and holiday joy... well ok.. maybe thats a bit apocolyptic. I would just feel better.

freely admitting he is terrible keeping his balance lined out.

Please accept this small gift with my humble thanks!

Hey where's Sled? He's rich! He's got airplanes and stuff! Don't you just love it when people tell you how you should spend your money.

Do your thing for Cap... he has done a ton of stuff for us,,,, Now its our turn!!! Lets keep this at the top of the page and get some support going here!!!

suesettingongsx1300r.jpg

cap, If I could a snail mail addy from ya, Ill send UPS.

Im one of those that would rather send a check like some others. It would be better for me, just let me know.

Josh

Anyone that wants to snail mail something can send it to

Captain
PO Box 162
Newcastle Oklahoma 73065

Guys the response has been incredible, I am speechless (that doesnt happen very often)

Thanks all of you !!!!!

I'll help keep it on top...

Capt, tomorrow the check is in the mail...

My Friend here is not going to stop getting pierced untill everyone chips in to help out Cap!!! please help he is running out of face!!

peirced.jpg

Back