So you never seen one?

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I would share with the members here an email I just got. Obviously bogus...but with some of the issues members been having here lately with this junk, I thought I would post the email up. Yes I reported it to paypal.

<span style='color:red'>You have added clifrobinson@juno.com as a new email address for your PayPal account.
If you don't agree with this email and if you need assistance with your account,
click here and process your login.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not
receive a response.For assistance,log in to your PayPal account and click thec Help
link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
PayPal Email ID PP007
MBRMCGDIJKZWUMODOTHLWQSJZWKJLOVUVVFECW</span>

AND Here is Paypal's email security tips from their website.

<span style='color:darkblue'>Email Security

* Look for a PayPal Greeting: PayPal will never send an email with the greeting "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member." Real PayPal emails will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account. If you believe you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the entire email—including the header information—to spoof@paypal.com. We investigate every spoof reported. Please note that the automatic response you get from us may not address you by name.
* Don't share personal information via email: We will never ask you to enter your password or financial information in an email or send such information in an email. You should only share information about your account once you have logged in to https://www.paypal.com/.
* Don't download attachments: PayPal will never send you an attachment or software update to install on your computer.</span>

Where it says click here to process your login - I took the link out to protect members of the board.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140531032 -->

Thanks for the info! I have not gotten one of these yet, but I will be keeping an eye out for them.

ya sure have to be on your toes with that stuff
sad.gif

Back