Bogus Paypal Receipt

bronc3

Registered
I don't know how long it's been circulating, but I recieved a bogus Paypal E-mail reciept just now. Looks pretty convincing, but it's nothing I bought. Offers functional links to verify your address and also has a link to dispute the transaction. Either one will have you log into a bogus Paypal site to access your personal info. If you get this e-mail or any other suspicious e-mails from Paypal, forward the e-mail to spoof@paypal.com for verification. To check your account, open a new browser window and log in as you normally would. Never log in through an e-mail link

I got one for an Apple iPod - $360. I flipped out but realized it was a phishing scam after I confirmed that the transaction did not hit my bank account. They just want you to click on their link to dispute it on a site that looks authentic. They should be caught and tied up so the buzzards can pick their eyeballs out.

Please never click on any of the LINKS on these BOGUS Pay-Pal E-mails......
I like what Ride or Fish said "They should be caught and tied up so the buzzards can pick their eyeballs out."

I get those all the time and either report them or just delete it....don't ever give them scammers any of your info
wink.gif

Using email links is bad habit in general.
Ebay, Paypal, Credit cards accounts, BestBuy, .... no one finacial institution will NEVER ask you to veryfy anything...
Some of the emails looks soo darn good.

Let`s say american express sent you and email that your statement is ready.
Just like one you usually get at the end of billing period. Nothing unusual...
Link provided inside lead to look a like AMEX login page...
You will probably not noticed that your username is not appeared as soon as you typed first letter (cookie at work if you use them)... and keep typing and put the password........ opps,, you info stoled and you redirected to genuine AMEX loging page....

guns.gif
Scammers ! I hate em! Arent ther enuff probs in the world and people gotta dream up more ...

Jerry Sienfeld " People! " ... huff ...
" Their the Worst! "

I love these things........ !
I generally make up a bunch of Hooey and fill the blanks in with all the B.S. I can type! Wish I could be a fly on the wall when they try and use that info in a Phishing scam.......
smile.gif

Yeah, I bought a car and didn't even realize it.. But they sure wanted me to validate my account to send the e-check!..
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|TheKatsMeow
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134563092 -->

I get emails all the time saying that a new email has been added to my account and that I should click this link to login and confim it. Kinda crappy that they get to your personal info on paypal by stealing your login and pasword when you do it.

Definately good gouge. I haven't seen this yet, but I will be on the look out!

Back