So the Hunt is on (another slow build thread)

Today is the day, My new old G1 will soon be here.

Edit.

Wife is coming with me to pick it up, We have hire a van, which we have never seen or used, and the silly sod is wearing Cream coloured jeans so she looked nice . I told her to change them and she did not like that :crazy:

We are back home now with the 1999 G1
It needs a bit of work, but i'm happy with it for the deal i got.
No matter what i do, it will need a full repaint anyway.

20220825_143510.jpg

20220825_143517.jpg

We are back home now with the 1999 G1
It needs a bit of work, but i'm happy with it for the deal i got.
No matter what i do, it will need a full repaint anyway.

View attachment 1654791

View attachment 1654792
Depends on your intent with the bike...if you are looking for an all original '99, I'd keep it as close to all stock as possible if it were me, as soon as anything is changed it is no longer stock.

It does need paint, It lets it down so much.
I have been though all the paperwork for this bike.
and i'm going to keep it as is. it has to much history.
Perhaps the hunt can start with tracking down the original paint codes and original paint design along with graphics...

Either that or a set of OEM plastics in the original color..?? Might be crazy priced if possible...

I have got the paint codes. I have found an OEM left side fairing decal. But can't find the right side one. If anyone come across one please please let me know. Again its the right side fairing decal i need for the 1999 Black & Grey.

Part Number 68181-24F00-N1G

Thank you.

going to try some easy start tomorrow, just to see if she comes to life. went out and bought 2 cans and then found i already had a can in the workshop.

So this morning i removed the fuel tank, airbox. Checked the wireing, cable tied the clutch lever in and put the choke on. With a can of easy start in my left hand i pushed the starter. And she fired right up and ran. I am very happy with buying this Gen1 now i know it's a runner (once fuel pump is sorted).

If anyone over the pond has untouched side fairings and a top fairing that they want to sell give me a shout. I'm going to try and see if i can keep the suzuki paint. I will cover all shipping costs if you let me know how much it is.

Back