So I received a speeding ticket

During our fall ride last year, 12 of us were pulled over down in Kerrville, TX and the officer gave the front two riders tickets. He was sitting under a tree at the bottom of the hill on the opposite side of the road facing us as we came over the hill on one of the Three Sisters.

The guys who received tickets mentioned that the radar/laser that the LEO was using could track up to 6 different objects.
the guy who told you that was misinformed.

In North Carolina, the court costs approaches $200, have to pay, guilty or not guilty. Then the citation is $30. So, to go to court and win the case for a $30 discount is a waste of time. They know how to get you over here.

Yeah I saw a piece on another board about that. Then the PoPo would pull out into traffic in a beat up old van and go about 15 MPH under the posted, to entice drivers to pass them on a Double Yellow. Then when they did, they would get ticketed. Cop on the board said it was totally legal to do this. I mentioned that these guys may want to go to court. That is when I learned of what you said. They get screwed regardless. This was a screw job by PoPo and they (PoPo) felt totally at ease with it. Finally having had enough, people started hiring attorneys and taking it to court. Judge ruled it illegal (entrapment), and threw out like hundreds of tickets going back to when the PoPo testified they started using this scheme. No fines were levied on those entrapped since it was the LEO breaking the law in the first place. But the only ones that made out was the attorneys.

We ain't never gonna change what we don't fight.

Finally having had enough, people started hiring attorneys and taking it to court. Judge ruled it illegal (entrapment), and threw out like hundreds of tickets going back to when the PoPo testified they started using this scheme. No fines were levied on those entrapped since it was the LEO breaking the law in the first place. But the only ones that made out was the attorneys.

We ain't never gonna change what we don't fight.
I find it so amusing when ppl like you start telling old wives tales about what happens in court cause you read some internet article years ago and now preaching it as gospel....smh

the speed limit is just that the MAXIMUM speed u can travel on a given road. you think because (1) judge disagrees with what the police did that there is no recourse for the prosecutor? ever hear of the appeals court? if that went to the appeals court if would be tossed out immediately! the speed limit is the speed limit. if ppl want to pass in a no passing zone then thats on them.

plenty of ppl drive well under the speed limit every day so a police officer driving under the speed limit wen someone creates a deadly hazard by passing where its not safe to do so is a perfectly legal stop by the police.

you really are clueless when it comes to the law. a field you have absolutely ZERO experience in but you talk like you been a cop for 30 years. you haven't been and you don't know chit about the law so stop pretending to sound like you do.

So I received a speeding ticket 93 in a 55, mandatory court appearance. Here is the situation, yes i was exceeding the speed limit, but I think I was in the 70's not 90's at that point. There where 2 of us ridding and two FL state troopers, we both got the same speeding ticket from 2 different police. I was 150 feet behind her coming off speed and travelling at a different rate then her. What are the odds of fighting and winning in court? Does anyone know if radar captures your picture or video of the infraction?

Please let us know how this goes and ends. It helps all of us to learn.

I posted my whole story recently, if you do a search you will find it. Seems each state is different.

I'm sure all superbikes donates a nice profit to the DMV/Court system at some point or another.:banghead:

I find it so amusing
you really are clueless when it comes to the law. a field you have absolutely ZERO experience in but you talk like you been a cop for 30 years. you haven't been and you don't know chit about the law so stop pretending to sound like you do.

I find cops like you more than amusing, somewhat appalling. You sound like Al Gore who invented the internet.

Just because you are trained on how to pull the trigger on a radar gun doesn't make you an expert on function nor the laws of physics. The attorney I use does nothing but traffic tickets. He is well schooled. His best run on beating traffic tickets was 871 in a row. The last time I went to court with him he had 11 tickets (One being a DUI). He won all 11.

Just so you know, no traffic citation is un-beatable. So please, don't lecture me on something you know little about.

Still trying to figure out why every speeding ticket thread turns into an argument with personal attacks at some point. ? ??? :whistle:

Most recent 1st hand case that I know of from this summer was 1 guy , 1 CT State trooper. 155 in a 65 zone on a divided empty highway at 1 a.m.

He had to use a 1st time offender program called Accelerated Rehabiliitation.

2 Years probabtion
MADD & AA classes- Although the guy doesn't even drink
50 hours community service
And a significant amount of cash ( Fine ) I don't know how much though.

Good part was that he got to keep his license.

Good Luck with your case and let us know the progress.

the guy who told you that was misinformed.
Please explain. The purpose of stating this was to inform other riders that multiple objects can be tracked simultaneous.

After a 5 min google search I was able to locate this... Stalker 2X - 2 Zone Directional Police Radar

2X-hero.jpg

Most recent 1st hand case that I know of from this summer was 1 guy , 1 CT State trooper. 155 in a 65 zone on a divided empty highway at 1 a.m.

He had to use a 1st time offender program called Accelerated Rehabiliitation.

2 Years probabtion
MADD & AA classes- Although the guy doesn't even drink
50 hours community service
And a significant amount of cash ( Fine ) I don't know how much though.

Good part was that he got to keep his license.

Good Luck with your case and let us know the progress.

We had a board member here. Former member now. But he got popped for 167. He called me asking for advice/help. I said dude your first mistake was stopping. You were so far out in the middle of nowhere, you could have made Tampa before the cops ever got to ya. Now that you're screwed, we gotta make the best of this.

We discussed the conditions of the ticket and him taking it court himself and defending himself. I'm like dude you were the ONLY vehicle in sight and the conditions were perfect. We're talking 167 not 70 in a 55. You are going to have one pissed off judge before you open your mouth. This is jail territory. Got him an attorney. They were able to get it settled with a mandatory sale of the Hayabusa, loss of motorcycle endorsement on his license, community service and a buttload of legal expenses. The sale of the bike paid for that. Kept his license, non criminal. Consider this a good outcome.

You play, you pay.

Sad thing is, don't think I know anyone who owns a Busa and does not play. :whistle:

I never said we don't or shouldn't play. But you have to find the time and place for it. And unfortunately there are wide open spaces that are perfect for it. But if you get caught, you are breaking laws by a lot. You just have to decide if its worth it to you.

We had a board member here. Former member now. But he got popped for 167. He called me asking for advice/help. I said dude your first mistake was stopping. You were so far out in the middle of nowhere, you could have made Tampa before the cops ever got to ya. Now that you're screwed, we gotta make the best of this.

We discussed the conditions of the ticket and him taking it court himself and defending himself. I'm like dude you were the ONLY vehicle in sight and the conditions were perfect. We're talking 167 not 70 in a 55. You are going to have one pissed off judge before you open your mouth. This is jail territory. Got him an attorney. They were able to get it settled with a mandatory sale of the Hayabusa, loss of motorcycle endorsement on his license, community service and a buttload of legal expenses. The sale of the bike paid for that. Kept his license, non criminal. Consider this a good outcome.

You play, you pay.

Great advice....dude. :whistle:

Florida Highway Patrol Policy Manual 17.05.02 (REVISION DATE 05/16/13) states the following:

POLICY
Emergency responses and vehicular pursuit of fleeing suspects present a danger to the public, officers and suspects involved in the pursuit. It is the policy of this Division to protect all persons' lives and property to the extent possible when enforcing the law. In addition, it is the responsibility of the Division to assist members in the safe performance of their duties. To affect or to carry out these obligations, it shall be the policy of the Division to regulate the manner in which emergency response and vehicular
pursuit are undertaken and performed.

This policy establishes specific guidelines for pursuit driving that will contribute to public safety and facilitate apprehension of criminal offenders.

Members are authorized to pursue suspects whom they reasonably believe have committed:

•a felony offense;
• a violation of section 316.192(reckless driving);
•a violation of section316.193(DUI).

Each decision must be based upon the conditions and circumstances existing at the time and by the training and guidelines set forth by the agency.

ALL OTHER PURSUITS ARE PROHIBITED.

NOTE:pursuit of motorcycles is restricted to forcible felonies.

Look up forcible felonies if you are confused to that term.

These ain't fabricated policies. It is the ones written by LEO and currently in use.

Soooooo if you're doing stupid speeds, which I never support anyone doing, you may as well try and haul ass home and park it for a few weeks. Or you can stop and have a world of legal to deal with.

Florida Highway Patrol Policy Manual 17.05.02 (REVISION DATE 05/16/13) states the following:

POLICY
Emergency responses and vehicular pursuit of fleeing suspects present a danger to the public, officers and suspects involved in the pursuit. It is the policy of this Division to protect all persons' lives and property to the extent possible when enforcing the law. In addition, it is the responsibility of the Division to assist members in the safe performance of their duties. To affect or to carry out these obligations, it shall be the policy of the Division to regulate the manner in which emergency response and vehicular
pursuit are undertaken and performed.

This policy establishes specific guidelines for pursuit driving that will contribute to public safety and facilitate apprehension of criminal offenders.

Members are authorized to pursue suspects whom they reasonably believe have committed:

•a felony offense;
• a violation of section 316.192(reckless driving);
•a violation of section316.193(DUI).

Each decision must be based upon the conditions and circumstances existing at the time and by the training and guidelines set forth by the agency.

ALL OTHER PURSUITS ARE PROHIBITED.

NOTE:pursuit of motorcycles is restricted to forcible felonies.

Look up forcible felonies if you are confused to that term.

These ain't fabricated policies. It is the ones written by LEO and currently in use.

Soooooo if you're doing stupid speeds, which I never support anyone doing, you may as well try and haul ass home and park it for a few weeks. Or you can stop and have a world of legal to deal with.

Think I told this story before, but here it is again.

Good friend of mine was LEO in Arkansas, we use to bike together, told not to pursue high speed motorcycles, try get the tag and let them go.

Sits in his car under bridge, crotch rocket comes flying past way over 120mph.

Chases, puts on his lights, bike decides to haul ass.

He chases, off highway, country roads, starts catching the bike in the twisties.

Bike goes hot into a corner, off the road into a field dust and stuff flying all over the place.

LEO pulls up, biker gets of the ground grass and dirt all over his suit.

LEO: "You OK?"

Biker: "Sorry, but I think I am OK, what happens now?"

LEO: "OK, well see ya!" and drives off.

Back