So i received my new fairing via ebay

Fight that ####. I ve had to file a couple of claims through paypal and its always come through.

Just reading his responses to the comments about him on ebay...Seems a bit of a smart arse..

Get back what you can Cecil..

If a sellers feedback is lower than 99% I wouldn't do business.
The description is shoddy. File a claim.

She is a bit scratched up Cicel. I have bought numerous pieces of plastic off ebay over the years and it's rarely as good as it's discribed. Actually, IMO you paid just about what the panel is worth. At best you over paid by maybe $25 or so. For a panel that's been down it looks pretty good. For a couple hundred bucks you can get it painted, clear coated and stinceled so it will look like new. I doubt seriously you will get much relief from the seller? I would almost bet money you won't get a response. You can file a claim with paypal but even if you get a refund, you'll still pay the shipping. Sounds like the seller is a scammer? I have had simular experiences on ebay. I bought a fairing stay once that was like new and it had the lower mounting brackets removed with a hacksaw. Threw it in the trash after three months of trying to get a refund. And that's just one example. Sorry for your bad luck man, but it's just part of doing business on ebay. Sad but true
mad.gif

You're right to fight it Cecil, that's BS. Good luck.

that looks like crap Cecil. Get your cash back if you can.

Track em down and #####.Then i would leave some really nasty feedback so outhers are forwarned.Thats BS

damn cecil...you ride so fast you're a blur most of the time anyways...
wink.gif

hold off on the feedback until/if he works with you....after 7 days and no reply, file a claim with paypal....item not as described....be sure to copy/paste his entire ad for later documentation.
Once they get the PayPal "refund" notice that the money was taken out of their account...they seem to all of the sudden want to work with you.

For $50? Hell, send it to me. I need a right painter.

You can expect this to happen on eBay, though. You just have to check everything over and be able to take a loss. You can also get a PayPal credit card, which covers situations like these, on top of what is already covered through PayPal.

I generally have better luck buying from the boards than on eBay.

This might sound crazy because im 22 and im pretty friendly with computers but i have NEVER used ebay.And after reading/hearing of all the scams people pull on it i doubt i ever will.Might as well buy from a reputable shop even if it means having to pay a few extra bucks.Youll have the peace of mind.Although the starter of this thread should report the matter to ebay.They should assist you with this

This might sound crazy because im 22 and im pretty friendly with computers but i have NEVER used ebay.And after reading/hearing of all the scams people pull on it i doubt i ever will.Might as well buy from a reputable shop even if it means having to pay a few extra bucks.Youll have the peace of mind.Although the starter of this thread should report the matter to ebay.They should assist you with this
It does sound crazy..
biggrin.gif

Ebay is wonderfull place.. You just have to be carefull..and read damn description. Pay with PayPal using credit Cards ONLY and check feedback carefully. NEVER buy from asia and middle east...

It is always your fault when you screwed..
Usually Ebayers cheking feedback and if something looks fishy they not bidding high.... I`m using ebay for 7 years and no more then 5 transactions went bad.

Cecil case is not that bad. He can file refund request, speculate on negative feedback possibility or get it painted and be happy with custom paint.

Or ask someone from San Antonio to beat crap outta seller....
smile.gif

Hey Cecil, PM me that scambag addy... I have some Russian friends in San Antonio... They need parts, You know...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Man...sorry to hear the fairing was not as described. Not that this is going to help now, but one thing I learned from ebay is to contact the seller and ask for more pictures. If I dont get any response back, I ask myself how bad I need the part from the seller, and than look else where. And read all their feedback, as Vic pointed out in his post, this guy would have looked questionable to me.
sad.gif

Back