So i received my new fairing via ebay

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
So here's the deal.... the seller listed the fairing as "Looks Good, has a couple of scratches, but almost New".

The pic was of poor quality and did not show any damage.

I contacted him early in the auction and asked for a "Buy it Now" price.
He came back with a price, I paid it, then I received the item on Monday.

Link to EBay Auction

However, the item is visibly damaged.

I sent the seller an email on Monday and have not heard from him.

Two things:
1) Am I over reacting and do I not have grounds for being dissatisfied?

2) Assuming that the seller does not respond to my request to re-evaluate the transaction, what do I do?

Here are a few pics of the fairing.... please let me know your thoughts.

Link Changed at http://www.tamparacing.com

Did you pay through pay-pal? You can file a claim & they will refund your money. I was just in the same situation w/ a fairing I ordered.

That looks like more than "a couple of scratches" to me. I suppose you can get it painted but that'll add to the expense.

I don't buy stuff on EBay, so I don't know what kind of follow up you can do with them, but you should certainly notify them if you don't consider this was an honest deal, and the seller will not consider a refund or some kind of settlement.

Looks to me like you would need to repaint it before you could use it. I would definatly want to talk to this person, that is not at all what he said it was. good luck.

To me that looks like road rash not a few scratches, however I showed your pics to my mother and wife and they both said it looks scratched. Maybe seller is like my mother/wife dont know much about road rash? (or how to turn on the vcr, dvd, radio, and etc)
Wait for his answer to your email see what he will do?

Heck yeah you have the right to be angry. The picture in the auction as well as his description do not fit the item. I could see if the ad stated deep scratches, paint missing and in repairable condition. As stated, file a claim if you used pay pal.
mad.gif

Yes, I used PayPal.

I just sent the seller a second email, as well as read up on disputes vie EBay & PayPal.

I hope the seller makes the decision to work with me on this.

I had a free fairing available to me.... it just needed to be painted.
Now I have a fairing that I paid a premium for, that also needs to be painted.
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139436828 -->

If in fact you paid $49.00 they are not bad. If you paid a lot more then they should have been cleaner. Even if they were not painted $49.00 would not be bad.

If in fact you paid $49.00 they are not bad.  If you paid a lot more then they should have been cleaner.  Even if they were not painted $49.00 would not be bad.
$150 plus shipping.... ~$175
I hope they included free Vasoline Cecil.

You got hosed Bro. From what I understand ebay moves slow on these things. If Paypal will refund you,go that way.

If you have a physical address, perhaps one of the brothers could play... "Refund Department" for you.

NOT THAT I would condone such activities
wink.gif

He's screwed over a ton of people. Get your money back through paypal, by the time you add $$ for a professional paint job and decals you'll be way past the price of a brand new panel. Plus the paint will never match like a new one.
Always check the sellers feedback, he's got a ton of negatives and even more neutrals by people trying to be nice. And if he wants that POS back, make him pay for shipping.

yeah.. looks like a inaccurate write up.. espically sinice ... a good replacement for broken plastic...

not much better..

however as other said.. maybe he is not in the motorcycle business...

price sounds too high..$75 would be about right..

good luck... give him another day before you start all the legalll thingies..

good luck

dose anybody think the photo in the auction !!!!! looks like its be edit,d by the seller!!!!!!!!!!!!! it looks that way 2me. if that the cast you,ll get your cash back of pay pal no prob.... some one have a look at it.. mayb its just me
rock.gif
i think it looks like two shade,s of red.....

Dude is most definitely in the motorcycle business. Everything he buys/sells is motorcycle related so there's no excuse for what he did.

If in fact you paid $49.00 they are not bad. If you paid a lot more then they should have been cleaner. Even if they were not painted $49.00 would not be bad.
Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal 4606065218

1998-2005 suzuki hayabusa 1300 left Fairing plastic RED 1 $49.99 USD
$49.99 USD

Shipping & Handling
(includes any seller handling fees) $18.50 USD

Shipping Insurance : -- Seller Discounts (-) or Charges (+):
(seller discounts, services, etc.) $100.01 USD

Total: $168.50 USD

unfortunately, the buyer feedback on ebay is absolutely worthless when trying to vet an auctioneer. It's getting hard to trust a lot of stuff, particularly for motorcycles, on that site...

It is partially Your own fault... His feedback is very bad actually.  It shows that he won`t work with the customer..

this item "Not as described". I`d file refund request with PayPal.

I `m not sure about other member apprasal of $75.00 for such scratched/rushed plastic... I`d say $100-$120 delivered is OK.... After You filed for refund you can negotiate with seller on partial refund.. If You need that exactly color and not planned to repaint it... Then full refund..

Rubbah recomendation on local refund enforsment sounds terrific...
smile.gif
Where this POS located?

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139441025 -->

Back