So I gotta ask, How's that Gun Control workin for ya, Chicago?

The warm weather thing is true, to an extent. We have had more fights and altercations at the prison in the last week than two months previous combined

Unless you do like Sheriff Joe in AZ; make 'em wear pink underwear and live under tents...be too tired to fight...

There's actually a fair amount of research by sociologist and anthropologist that suggest humans are more violently active during hotter weather. I find it very interesting. Also it's logical. I know when it's 30 degrees out I am more likely to hang out inside during my evenings. But if it's nice I'm going to go out and have fun and enjoy nice weather.

As for Chicago gun laws. It's dumb. They have some serious gang issues there. Need To get out and put them down IMHO. But I believe they just had to cut their police force, add that to the difficulty in prosecuting criminals now. it causes a problem. Good luck to those officers who are trying.

I tend to howl at full moons. I :dunno: why :)

i believe it! Chicago is scary!

when Jon and i rode through there, during rush hour, our bikes began to overheat. so we pulled off the interstate to zip up and down a side street and cool down the bikes.
well after seeing a fella walking down the street with a bloody white garbage bag, that looked like it had a chopped up body in it. And no one else on the street seemed to notice!
:poke: we knew it was time to get out of town! overheating bikes be damned! :race:

Yes guns get stolen from people but the guns these criminals buy are usually black market or come from illegally smuggled stashes. 8800 guns did not get stolen from legal gun owners. I would say maybe 1% of them were stolen from legal owners, if that.

IDK man growing up in DC which had strict gun laws, guns came mainly from guys in VA that would go to the gun shows buy guns and bring them to DC, it was actually real easy, I mean these dudes use to roll up with everything and you could place an order for what you want. The time you could face for the fire arm and every round was crazy but people felt "better to be caught with it than without it".

Don't know if it's the same but you could go to a Gun Show in VA legally purchase a fire arm and I guarantee before you get back in your car somebody would offer to buy it for more than what u just paid and you could legally sell it. Then there were a lot of break ins at homes in VA, MD and into cars with VA tags people were looking for firearms to steal, hell these guys break into and steal law enforcement vehicles looking for vest, weapons etc...

Here's a fun one for you.

Attorney General Eric Holder, has already said this is one of his major issues. He does not believe the 2nd Amendment gives individuals the right to bear arms. This takes literally 2 clicks to complete. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. Then pass the link on to all the pro-gun folks you know. Hopefully the results will be published later this month.

Go here and vote. You'll see its pretty one sided.
USATODAY.com - Quick Question

not enough details to say what would help.... gun control may or may not be the reason the victims were unarmed but it IS a glaring example of who gun control does NOT affect.

IDK man growing up in DC which had strict gun laws, guns came mainly from guys in VA that would go to the gun shows buy guns and bring them to DC, it was actually real easy, I mean these dudes use to roll up with everything and you could place an order for what you want. The time you could face for the fire arm and every round was crazy but people felt "better to be caught with it than without it".

yeah va and NC

Then some mentally ill guy goes bonkers in Seattle and kills 5 before he kills himself. Now, the gun control crowd will say "this is a glaring example of why we need better gun control". First, if he was mentally ill, then it was illegal for him to have a gun in the first place (but he did anyway so that shows the law would not have worked) and, if any of the other patrons had been carrying the toll might have been less.

You can't stop a criminal or a crazy person, by definition they ignore/break the law and will have a gun if they want it no matter what.

I just wonder, if the crime rate would be lower if everyone HAD to carry a gun....I'll bet everyone would be more civil to each other...

Back