Sleeved Tattoos... Negative today?

Sleeved Tattoos... Negative Today?

• Total voters
sorry man, i think tats on girls are hot. this is one of the only ones i've found that i don't think will get me banned or warned...
image_1.jpg

I dunno dude,she dont look that great to me if you look close...but hey what-the-fug.

I like 'em a little more ...pure...and innocent lookin',like a cheerleader for instance.:rofl:

RSD.

Seattle%20Seahawks%20Sea%20Gals%20Cheerleaders-IOS-009598.jpg

A couple of years ago, I was remodeling a building at the beach. I noticed a very attractive girl looking my way, she was 22-23, I was 56, but look younger. She walked across the street and told me she was "very glad" to meet me....I told her I would talk to her after lunch. After lunch, I saw her sitting on her steps. It was getting warm out and she took off her long sleeved shirt. BOTH of her arms were solid tattoos, I almost puked.

I just don't understand why someone would mark themselves up like that, so, I guess they turn me off..............

You probably passed up on some good young pu$$y. :poke: :rofl:

Also, do you RALLY want to work for a company who looks at your performance bases on your looks than your job.
That is under the assumption you would ever be hired in the first place...

everyone I have met in the last year or so that is unemployed would work for anyone that will hire them.. (Indiana is pretty hard hit right now)

I know some really qualified people that are going broke and are loosing their homes, loosing their family and loosing their own self respect..

We live in a "money" motivated society (contrary to what some might want to believe or think is right)

Anything that might detract from ones ability to land worthwhile work should be seriously considered... but I do like the idea of narrowing the available work force for any job I might be seeking.. :laugh:

Tattoos/body art are decidedly an 'art' form--that of self expression or self-definition.

In my qualified opinion, you, Jose, have the capacity to express yourself eloquently and quite sufficiently through other means.

The 'sleeves' are for some and not for others, as has been covered rather thoroughly in foregoing posts; so, knowing you in the limited way I do, I'd say to you: "skip it."

I'm sure if you decide to go forward with it, you'll choose something striking and original.

Good luck, bro!

Last edited:
Just put 'em where you can keep 'em covered up in a professional environment and you should be okay.

--Wag--

I think that the people making real money do not wear short sleeve shirts too work.

Either you are going to work in a place where tattoo's don't matter, or you are going to cover them up.

personally, I have a few tattoo's, starting a Phoenix project that will cover half my back and then after that a 3/4 sleeve dedicated to my families heritage.

tattoo's rock. 100%. and the generation that believes they are signs of "dirtbags" and "druggies" are not going to be running the world much longer.

people with tattoo's are a passionate people, and I would much rather interact with those who show such emotion in everyday life then someone who does not.

tatt's +1

:beerchug:

I keep em where i can cover them up.

i have a thing for good vs evil and angels/fallen angels.

tat.jpg

Sleeve tattoos are ok if you plan on being a construction worker or some other type of similar work environment.

However if you ever wanted to get into a professional job (other than professional hit man, professional bounty hunter etc) sleeve tattoos will pretty much limit any real hiring or growth potential in a professional setting.

Am I being judgmental in anyway? nope, just being brutally honest.

And anyone who thinks this is B.S. and not true, they are pretty much in denial

Only problem I have with tattoos nowadays and over the last decade is that every wannabee tough guy, frat boy, and "other" assorted tools have embraced ink as a means of increasing their imagined "status", cool factor, etc... They've become a little typical and that's a too bad.

That being said though, quality ink and I emphasize QUALITY is still awesome and can still be real expression of self as apposed to some desperate attention getting "hey lookit me" douchebaggery.

As for Stigma? Not really, far as I can tell you're more in the minority if you don't have any ink done. While you're at it though don't forget to have at least three "toughguy" piercings done. :poke:

I've got a few tatts that are covered most of the time. I work with some guys that have a lot, some covered and some not. One of my best friends has one on the side of his neck. I think it is becoming more acceptable, but will hurt depending on the job type and the type of artwork that is visible. If it is offensive then your probably done.
By the way, i just got this one last week. it was only finished for about 15 minutes when the pic was took, as you can tell from the shiny look and open pores.

P9050134.jpg

Sleeve tattoos are ok if you plan on being a construction worker or some other type of similar work environment.

However if you ever wanted to get into a professional job (other than professional hit man, professional bounty hunter etc) sleeve tattoos will pretty much limit any real hiring or growth potential in a professional setting.

Am I being judgmental in anyway? nope, just being brutally honest.

And anyone who thinks this is B.S. and not true, they are pretty much in denial

wow you are not only wrong but ignorant too, ive been in the med field for over 11 yrs with tats and piercings and get nothing but nice comments about them, theres tats that will offend ppl and others they will ooo and aww about, i wear long sleeve to interviews but always show the boss what i have and ask what the rule is..its always been as long as no one complains its cool, if i was in sales im sure long sleeves would be manditory...but to your comment that tat ppl wont ever get professional jobs or careers is way off base sir it is 2009 now come join us

wow you are not only wrong but ignorant too, ive been in the med field for over 11 yrs with tats and piercings and get nothing but nice comments about them, theres tats that will offend ppl and others they will ooo and aww about, i wear long sleeve to interviews but always show the boss what i have and ask what the rule is..its always been as long as no one complains its cool, if i was in sales im sure long sleeves would be manditory...but to your comment that tat ppl wont ever get professional jobs or careers is way off base sir it is 2009 now come join us

So, lemme understand. If someone is offended, then you have to wear long sleeves?

--Wag--

Back