Sleeping with the Enemy

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I was contemplating buying an R1, so I tried one last night, 2003 with about 4500 miles on it. My thoughts on the bike are its light,very attractive,riding position is not that good, handles very well, and will wheelie effortlessly,but thats it.The bike has no torque,I rode alone and with my wife.Alone, it runs ok, but doesnt have the controlled, smooth delivery Carmen has.With my wife on board,all 100 lbs of her, the thing is a dog and more wheelie prone.She complained about her riding position as well.The busa just feels more stable, especially with new tires I just put on. I realize maybe his suspension needs some tuning, but My busa is on the stock settings and I can cut the corners almost as well as my friends on their gixxers and R1's.Thanks but no thanks on the R1,I'll stick with Carmen, till I can get a Gixxer 1000.NJ.

One of my freinds just sold an 03 LE R1 last week, I'd had the pleasure of riding it quite a bit. I agree with all the points you made, it's an excellent bike, just in a different way than a Busa. Fast, light, good looking, etc. but I prefer a Busa.

If its just lack of power... the 04 and 05 are WAY better. They will hang with a busa all the way till around 140 mph. As far as comfort and stability and wind protection. They ant touch the bus. sj

None of the 1K bikes can touch the 'Busa for two-up riding, and twitchy is fun for a while (or the track), but not for all-day riding.

None of the 1K bikes can touch the 'Busa for two-up riding, and twitchy is fun for a while (or the track), but not for all-day riding.
Thankyou, thats the word I was lookin for, "twitchy" that perfectly describes the way the bike feels! If I were a stunter I'd buy it now, I think I will either buy a new Gixxer 1000 or a second busa and add a turbo.NJ.

2nd Busa with Turbo.... +1
wink.gif

A second Busa with Turbo is where I'm currently headed. Have to slow it down just a bit because my job ends on July 18th...
wow.gif

I don't care for the R1's except in the looks dept. especially the '04-'05. They are just damn sexy, other than that the steering is very unstable, and my big ass is just uncomfortable on them. Looks wise, the best looking crotch rocket on the market.

I suggest you get the K5... you already have a busa, so the K5 is going to be a good stablemate
biggrin.gif

...I'll wait for you on the K5 side of the force
wink.gif

Yeah man, the R1s are very twitchy, they need a steering dampner bad. The Gsxr1000 has more torque through the powerband, and are more stable like the busa. That will be your ticket bro! But I think you already knew that huh?
laugh.gif

Back