is the...

Just thought I'd ask...how many on the .org have gone a true 180 mph on their Busa or any other bike? I keep seeing guys talkin' about 180, 200 etc.....

180 on anything is very,very fast and a miilisecond away from....... well you know what I'm talking about. I'd like to hear from those hearty individuals who've hit 180 ...

May or may not have...
Stock gearing, 11,000 rpm in 6th gear with a TRE, lowered 1inch.190lbs. rider. However fast that is, i dont wanna play "top speed arguement game":thumbsup:

May or may not have...
Stock gearing, 11,000 rpm in 6th gear with a TRE, lowered 1inch.190lbs. rider. However fast that is, i dont wanna play "top speed arguement game":thumbsup:

x2. gave her all she got. now it doesnt take as long to wind her out with the 17-45 gears

Just thought I'd ask...how many on the .org have gone a true 180 mph on their Busa or any other bike? I keep seeing guys talkin' about 180, 200 etc.....

180 on anything is very,very fast and a miilisecond away from....... well you know what I'm talking about. I'd like to hear from those hearty individuals who've hit 180 ...

Sure! I always tell people to bring it out to the Texas Mile or one of the other venues. Guys go on and on about 180 this and 200 that until they go to a real race... :laugh:

My favorite is guys with the speedo talk and how they went 180mph on there 600cc bike. They get pissed when you slap a GPS on it and it barely goes 150... :rofl:

Then you've got 16 year olds claiming to have bikes they don't and other BS which gets old. I don't think there mum would be to proud if they knew how much BS they claim online.

Last edited:
Sure! I always tell people to bring it out to the Texas Mile or one of the other venues. Guys go on and on about 180 this and 200 that until they go to a real race... :laugh:

My favorite is guys with the speedo talk and how they went 180mph on there 600cc bike. They get pissed when you slap a GPS on it and it barely goes 150... :rofl:

Then you've got 16 year olds claiming to have bikes they don't and other BS which gets old. I don't think there mum would be to proud if they knew how much BS they claim online.

:laugh:

I will admit, I was one of those naive teenagers laying down the BS on how fast I THOUGHT my old zxr1200r could go. Good thing most kids in high school thought a 1200 was big, because I was very humbled the day I took a GPS with me (160 indicating turned into barely 130). Now I know why everyone passed me at highway speeds. :rofl:

when I was 16 I had a spankin new Hennessey Viper, it looked alot like the Yellow one on the cover of MotorTrend:laugh:

i had a veyron. my brother wrecked it in texas. the vids are on you tube. thats my proof.:moon:

Owen, if you spend any money on another bike, your parents should kick your a#s all up and down the street! Put your money in the bank and quit being a wanker. Sheesh!

If you want to talk about bikes, that's fine, but stop talking about buying everything made. It gets my financial hackles raised.....like guys who ride uninsured, with no gear none of the time.........then when the bike is totaled, they just stop paying on it since it wasn't insured, and this starts their crappy credit rating for the next 30 years as they keep repeating the same idiotic mistakes!

Don't be the wanker you want to be!!!

I started a GPS battle among some of these guys talking the 180's.. how easy it is. The highest as of now is 169 ( before winter ) 08 CBR 1k ...he thinks the GPS isn't right :whistle: He was shocked...

Hey - at least YOU posted PICS! :rofl:

There, happy now?

hennessey_viper_venom_650r1.jpg

A lot of how easy it is has to do with where you live. If you live in an area where it's hard to find a half mile of straight road then you aren't going 180mph. If you live in a place where you can see the earth curve away from you, and you can't see a turn or a tree one, why would it be so hard to do?

I know the speedo is off on any of these bikes that haven't been corrected, but a lot of bikes have been corrected, and anybody that's serious at all has a GPS. There are people who don't live in the real world, but it doesn't mean that everybody who thinks they've been that fast is wrong about it.

Having said that, I do live in a place that it's easy to find a suitable road to attain that kind of speed. When guys start talking speed, I get the GPS out, reset the max speed, hand it to them, and say "show me". :beerchug:

One time I went to the highest point in south florida...the dump..and I rode my specialized rockhopper down it..went about 22 mph according to my gps..streamers and a horn would have added about 15 HP to the weels..top speed after mods probably 65 mph:rofl:

Back