skyline drive

kennym4

Registered
SKYLINEDRIVE, Virginia
rock.gif

Has anyone been here before, would it be a nice place to take a trip on the bike ?

I've been there 2 times when I was really young, and don't remember that much. I just remember alot of turns !!

Thanks for any information !!!!

Yes, the scenery is beautiful. Lots of observation spots to stop/take pictures. We spent quite a bit of time cruising it in the car when we were there.

I found some pictures of me when I was a kid (about 4 or 5yrs old). On the back it said skyline drive/ virg. I have always wondered where that was. The pictures have great mountain scenery and I'm sure back then I was waiting on my Busa. What city is that in???I think my Dad was maybe stationed in quantico or something thats all I remember..that and my first and only time seeing snow.
SHOCKED.gif

One end of Skyline Drive starts in Front Royal Virginia.  It is very beautiful and scenic. I visited part of it in a cage during the early part of last November.  The speedlimit is very low (around 30-35mph) so I am not sure how much fun can be had if you want to ride your bike on it.

GMBusa, Yamahor, and a few others live up that way.

Great scenery, very little to do, and nice multi lane roads to cruise on and some great roads to get your lean on.

Here we are at Monticello (sp?)

DSC04263.jpg

yep. GMbusa and I live up here, at the other end of the drive from Front Royal. The road aint the most fun unless you speed (never done that... nopers...) It is a beautiful view, but thats about it... Boring ride at the speed limit.
beerchug.gif

Yep, beautiful roadways!!! I hear from time to time that the police patrol it a bit more, handing out the old speeding tickets more freely, but I think it's still worth the trip for the experience alone...

Great pics everyone!!!
bowdown.gif

(Projekt @ May 18 2007,09:54) One end of Skyline Drive starts in Front Royal Virginia.  It is very beautiful and scenic. I visited part of it in a cage during the early part of last November.  The speedlimit is very low (around 30-35mph) so I am not sure how much fun can be had if you want to ride your bike on it.
Yep low speed limits and heavily patrolled. It is still a bueutiful place to see.

(Rayabusa0818 @ May 23 2007,10:02)
(Projekt @ May 18 2007,09:54) One end of Skyline Drive starts in Front Royal Virginia.  It is very beautiful and scenic. I visited part of it in a cage during the early part of last November.  The speedlimit is very low (around 30-35mph) so I am not sure how much fun can be had if you want to ride your bike on it.
Yep low speed limits and heavily patrolled.  It is still a bueutiful place to see.
Not just State Patrol either... THese boys patrolling the skyway are Federal. If you run and get caught, it's then a FUN federal offense...

There's plenty of better roads down this way. Rt56, Rt60, 151 just to name a few.

We started in Cherokee, NC and rode the Blueridge Parkway all the way to the Skyline Drive. We had a radar detector and ran at least 20 mph over all the way. We did get stopped in Roanoke, Va but only received a warning....... Some of the most beautiful country I've riddin in.........

IMG_0177__Large_.JPG

I ride the Parkway alot in the summer. Good riding during the week...very little traffic.
super.gif

Back