planning a cross country trip

makahabusa

Registered
does anyone have a preference for a sport touring tire for their busa? planning a trip cross country from CA to the East Coast before i turn the young age of 50....which btw is pretty soon. i'm considering a pair of dunlop 220's.....any other suggestions? thanks in advance.

Either the Dunlop 220 or Pirelli Strada
wink.gif

hey makahabusa where are you in the valley? i live in clovis . ever ride to cambria or monterey? oh and im in teh same boat about the tires , im looking for st tires and i was thinking about trying the avons 45/46 alot of people seem to like them or maybe the bridgestone 020 mine is showing cord right now so im grounded untill i get a new one on the rear,

I'd highly recomend the Bridgestone 020's. The tires held up flawlessly on my trip from Maryland to California and back. Id do a BT 014 up front with a BT 020 in the rear.

Hey Clovis...how come you didn't join us on the Hanford ride at Thrashers?

I used to live in Fresno (Shhh...don't tell anyone) still have friends in Clovis, Visalia, Tulare, Hanford, etc.

Huntington Beach weather is SOOOOOO much better though!
smile.gif

AV45/46 no question for me. Excellent mileage for long distance cruising with good enough grip to play a little along the way. Watch em on the wet stuff if temps are down, but that goes for all tires anyway.

Bt14 front BT20 rear, or Avon 49/45 combo or pilot roads. I've used all three and liked all. I'm currently using the roads, and have alittle over 3000 miles on them. They still look great.

thanks for the info:) living here in clovis allows one to travel to the beaches or to the mountains to beat the valley heat.

Back