Shhhhh... I am looking for a new lid

DanMan1300R

Registered
I currently have a Shoei TZ-1 and after some long rides this year I realized what fatigues me the most is the road noise.

I am talking highway cruising averaging between 90-100mph. Who makes the quietest helmet?

Thanx -Dan

i have 2 rf-900 shoei's 1 picotte and 1 duhammel they are very quiet IMO but like havoc said i use ear plugs on those long hwy rides it is a world of difference
biggrin.gif

Ear plugs?
rock.gif

Sounds scary. Can you still hear screeching tires and horns and screaming pedestrians?

i just picked up an agv xr2 and like it a lot. a lot quieter than my older rossi replica. and the price is reasonable.

Ear plugs?
rock.gif

Sounds scary.  Can you still hear screeching tires and horns and screaming pedestrians?
Ya, earplugs are great and yes you can still hear what you need to. They just make it quiet enough for a long ride to be a little more enjoyable. Give em a try sometime!

I have a older Suomy Gunwind that fits my head well and doesnt have a whole lot of vents on the top, so to me it seems pretty quiet.

Save your hearing! Wear them earplugs. Yes you can still hear everything you need to hear no problem, it just tones it down a bit. Helmet wise, Buy whatever fits you best, don't skimp. I love my Arai and in my opinion they make the best over all helmets on the market. Good cooling, Perfect comfort, best of the best safety. Then wear some earplugs and you'll be happy as hell...

Back