1st time wearing earplugs (wow).. I ride faster now

spencerrr

Registered
Never knew what I was missing. concentration up, stress and fatigue from wind noise down. At 120 mph it felt like i was doing 90, because the lack of wind noise. I'm talking about no wind noise at all (freakin strange felling). It's funny because before when I rode at high speeds, the wind noise would rein me back in. I guess the noise let me know how fast i was going, with the plugs in you kinda loose that sense. I'm not saying that you cant hear, but its just so much more peaceful with them in. I know some of you guys know exactly what I'm talking about, but if you never tried them on the highway, do yourself a favor and try it once. You will be shocked at how much more enjoyable ridding really is. I'm done. Oh and the shoei Rf 1000 I just received, is a damm nice helment, with plugs in.

It's much more comfortable with them in. Georgiabusa_05 got me started on Hearos. They're the best I've used so far.

I have been tossing it around myself.It is kinda noisey.My shoei isnt too bad on the freeway but earplugs will help.

Some guys are against them (for safety reasons), & some states don't even allow them. My state has no restrictions against them. I ride with them, & with music all the time. You are right, that makes the ride more peaceful. Just me and the Busa, the Road, & my favorite tunes.

There's nothing like it; I love it :thumbsup:

I have been tossing it around myself.It is kinda noisey.My shoei isnt too bad on the freeway but earplugs will help.

man you are going to be shocked how much of a difference they are going to make, promise you will give it a try on the very next ride

most of the guys I ride with have music playing and they can't understand how I can ride all day with just earplugs in. I tell them it's some kind of zen thing, you can really get into your ride with them in.

I use Ear buds type of headsets to listen to music, they do seal out any external noises and with the music my mind wont play tricks on me and I can relax on the twisties...

I also rock the ear buds when I ride.. been doing it for years and love it. I also sometimes just rock the regular ear plugs as well, but it's usually hard to ride long distance with no music.

Twotonevert talked me into trying them in Colorado and I liked them also.

and now the question: christmas tree, foamies or custom?

PPE1178-1.jpg
1325802080.jpg

PCL_SW-II.png

+1 on the Christmas tree style.

I use these for music. In the ear, and very comfortable. They don't pull out, when putting the helmet on.

6-30-2011 4-28-37 PM.jpg

I have the customs which I will use if I don't have any ear buds with me, or my iPod dies. The customs are real nice, you don't get the "popping" you get with foamies or the christmas tree ones.. :thumbsup:

Back