Music while riding & other times

eynlai

Registered
I'm one of the those that love to listen my music, whether I'm cooking, riding, or whatever I'm doing. So naturally I have a iPod. I know some of you contest that it's dangereous while riding.. But I can only counter that above 50mph, I heard nothing but wind-noise anyway.

I guess I can say I'm a somewhat Audiophile. I went out and splurged on another purchase to satisfy my ear. Klipsch iGroove for my iPod.

Here's a pic of it from Klipsch's website. It's a SWEET sounding set.

iGroove_Vpod_Large.jpg

While I'm riding, I found nothing beats out Etymotic Research's ER-6i.  Here's a set next to my lid.  I found these earbuds EFFECTIVELY seal outside noise, even my own stock exhaust. Oh, I dig riding to Mozart...

<!--EDIT|eynlai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152061251 -->

Photo_070406_002.jpg

and I found the PERFECT placement for my new Klipsch iGroove system, when I'm showering, shaving, or doing "whatever".

Photo_070406_001.jpg

Shure - multiple models
Etymotics - multiple models
Westone - multiple models
Ultimate Ears - multiple models
Sensaphonics - multiple models

Shure - multiple models
Etymotics - multiple models
Westone - multiple models
Ultimate Ears - multiple models
Sensaphonics - multiple models
I tried the Shure's when I was in the market for preminum earbuds. Sounds really good, but I found that once I put my lid on, I couldn't get it off without causing myself a lot of pain.

The Shure E4 is what I use. I never try to move or adjust them with the lid on - that is just taking a HUGE risk with something embedded in your ear...I stop, take a minute to remove my lid and then handle the IEMs (In Ear Monitors).

Shure has better bass than the Etymotics. I had the ER6 (before the iPod specific version) and the bass was pretty underwhelming.

Try the E4...fantastic!

I found the Sony earbuds work the best for me.
They fit like an ear plug.. so even with the MP3 off they muffle the outside noise.
That way the music is much clearer even over 50mph
biggrin.gif

Back