She's BAaack!

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
FINALLY!  I got my baby back with her engine rebuilt.
Now, I promise after a Very expensive lesson, that I will check my oil Every day.  Yes, I checked the tire pressure, the chain was lubed, I even brought oil to the track.  But I forgot to check the oil in the bike.  Stoohoohoohoopid! 

Being one for pics, here's the piston from the engine.
Should be a round hole where the crank goes, it's sorta egg
shaped and burnt.
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|Big O
Reason for Edit: "really stoohooohhoopid!"|1124092127 -->

Rod_Burnt.JPG

your physic abilities let you down.........you shoulda sensed the loack of oil! We need to work on that dude!!!

FINALLY!  I got my baby back with her engine rebuilt.
Now, I promise after a Very expensive lesson, that I will check my oil Every day.  Yes, I checked the tire pressure, the chain was lubed, I even brought oil to the track.  But I forgot to check the oil in the bike.  Stoohoohoohoopid! 

Being one for pics, here's the piston from the engine.
Should be a round hole where the crank goes, it's sorta egg
shaped and burnt.
sad.gif
How did you determine that low oil was the problem? If it blew up, seems like there would have been oil everywhere.

Normally I check the peephole (hehe) but for some reason I didn't check it that day.

It didn't really blow up, I started hearing a loud noise like the header was loose, slowed down, and she started knocking. I had heard that knock before (in a car) and I knew right away it was a rod. Since the rod didn't break it didn't punch a hole in the case. Imagine limping around the track, looking to see if I'm spewing oil all over and guys passing you at 90 -100 mph.

I finally got 600 miles on the rebuilt engine, took 4 days, and I'm getting the oil changed tomorrow. So I'm gonna try real hard to make the ride this weekend. I can't get Sat nite off.

Thanks Rev, I'll try to be around more often.

Back