Have you ever done this??

I thought for sure my last bike was leaking oil around the shift shaft that goes in the transmission. It never lost any oil and never got worse then one day I was standing there looking at it when it dawned on me what it was. Good 'ol Bel Ray chain gorp.
laugh.gif

I always rolled the wheel forward while spraying it and the shift shaft area though it was a couple of inches in front of the sproket, was still a good catch pan for extra lube.
And another +1 for the chain wax.

Take a rag with some WD40 sprayed on the rag and roll by hand the wheel. This helps removethe old junk on the chain. Then lube with chain wax. Then take another rag a wipe the chain again to get off the excess lube. In fact the bike is on the stand for that purpose and to adjust the chain!!!!
cool.gif
WD40 will prevent chain wax to stick to the chain.

Ahh, chain lube discussions....I've actually used WD40 only for the last 40,000 miles, GS1100, FZ1, and now the Busa, with never a sign of premature wear on the chain or sprockets. I know, I've been told that I'm crazy, but personal experience speaks loudest to me. The chain stays very clean, too
smile.gif

Graet story, screamin
winkold.gif
...bet that sigh of relief was loud

I use this stuff called......shoot what's the name again......oooo yaaaa!
idea3.gif
I don't know if anyone has heard of it before.

wax.
tounge.gif

and crank-her-up, and put her in gear, and start to spray the chain with chain lube.
Dude, this is not a safe situation... Just keep the bike off and Put her in neutral... Turn by hand.  Why
rock.gif
I know the next thing is cleaning off the mess with a rag the same way... and then... Losing your finger by accident  
face7.gif
 Just a friendly tip...

+1 on the chain wax.
Errr....when I get mine up on the stands and start her she FREEWHEELS. No need to hand turn.
thumb_up.gif

Back