Riding to Louisiana Friday

LadyHawk

w00t!!
Donating Member
Registered
We are off to a Harley gathering for the weekend. Will be leaving early Friday.. 11 hour ride.. hanging out Saturday then coming back Sunday.

Anything I need to do before we go?
I know, check tire pressure (new tires, plenty of tread), check oil level, tighten and clean/lube chain.

I've got my ipod (only listening with one ear..) to keep me droning along.
winkold.gif

Ummm....be careful and have fun!!!
beerchug.gif
Thats all I can think of. One other question though, you riding your 'Busa to a HD gathering? Last time I rode up to a gathering, not HD gathering, just a gathering that consisted of just about all HD, it was suggested I leave. They didn't want me causing any trouble. I learned alot about HD riders that day. Hope you get with a better group then I did.

beerchug.gif
  Thats all I can think of.  One other question though, you riding your 'Busa to a HD gathering?  Last time I rode up to a gathering, not HD gathering, just a gathering that consisted of just about all HD, it was suggested I leave.  They didn't want me causing any trouble.  I learned alot about HD riders that day.  Hope you get with a better group then I did.
Well hopefully these are more mature HD people. I did a ride with some in southern FL and they were all cool with me. Most of them love the Busa, but "I would kill myself on it" was the general reason for not having one.

GJoker is on his HD so maybe that will smooth any rough waters.
smile.gif
And he has warned them that I'm on a Busa, and they said that was OK.
ThumbsUp.gif

I'll be taking all my oRg shirts to represent!
cool.gif

water and a bottle of JD in case things get rough... just toss it (JD) and any self respecting HD rider will look like a bridesmaid at the bouquet toss in a wedding....(camera too)

beerchug.gif
  Thats all I can think of.  One other question though, you riding your 'Busa to a HD gathering?  Last time I rode up to a gathering, not HD gathering, just a gathering that consisted of just about all HD, it was suggested I leave.  They didn't want me causing any trouble.  I learned alot about HD riders that day.  Hope you get with a better group then I did.
She should be ok because she's a she and her husband's bike is loud and slow.

Pack and plan on taking some ibuprofen for the long haul... Go over your list of things to pack and then do it again... But, most important is to relax and enjoy the journey! Take your camera and post pic's when you get back so we can relive the experience...

Pick up a good quality pair of bicycle riding pants. (6 "“ 8 panel ) Your butt will thank you for them.

Have fun and eat some Cajun food!

Pack and plan on taking some ibuprofen for the long haul... Go over your list of things to pack and then do it again... But, most important is to relax and enjoy the journey! Take your camera and post pic's when you get back so we can relive the experience...
I always take a couple Advil just before taking off, thought I was alone on that one...

anyway, this was posted by someone else on another thread and it is a good read for anyone making long runs..

archive of wisdom

I always take a couple Advil just before taking off, thought I was alone on that one...

anyway, this was posted by someone else on another thread and it is a good read for anyone making long runs..

archive of wisdom
Standard practice...
smile.gif

glad to see I'm not alone as well.

archive of wisdom
Thanks for the link.. all common sense stuff, that I didn't think about.

Take a rain suit, you'll be thankful. The rainsuit can also add warmth from the wind if it gets cold as well.
+1 on that, my leathers were not very comfy on the way back from Captains house. Slipped on my rain cover and it stopped all the air at least..rescued the ride home...

and you know, "along for the ride" is the best part, it is about the journey, not the destination.... *you can me the onboard photog...

Take a rain suit, you'll be thankful. The rainsuit can also add warmth from the wind if it gets cold as well.
+1 on that, my leathers were not very comfy on the way back from Captains house. Slipped on my rain cover and it stopped all the air at least..rescued the ride home...

and you know, "along for the ride" is the best part, it is about the journey, not the destination.... *you can me the onboard photog...
I keep a set of Frog Togs in my hump area, fits perfect and totally waterproof in a downpour-weighs about as much as a big potato chip!

Hey Brenda, you will be passing by my house on the way. We live just off I-10 before you get into Mobile. If you want a place to rest your bones for a bit p.m me and I'll give ya my ph#. Maybe we can visit for a minute or two!

Y'all have a safe trip and have fun!!

Ummm, parts and tools for the Harley JUST IN CASE...
tounge.gif

Give the hubby my best...and just print this off and share it with the other HD riders...
smile.gif

Redneckouthouse.jpg

Back